The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Psyche by Peter Turner (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7822

It says it's not for beginners...
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
No point posting it here then. Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Thanks for pointing this out OP. Picked it up, this is like his psych force playing cards volume PDF but in video form and a few additional bits and bobs. I may have made it sound meh but it's actually quite good so far. It's worth it for scripting ideas alone.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out OP. Picked it up, this is like his psych force playing cards volume PDF but in video form and a few additional bits and bobs. I may have made it sound meh but it's actually quite good so far. It's worth it for scripting ideas alone.

What skill level do you need?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, Magic KL wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:

What skill level do you need?

He teaches some card moves which I know to be typically a little overwhelming for newbies. Nothing which is all that difficult though and it's self contained so everything you need to learn, he teaches in good depth.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Yes, with every new item by peter there must be a skill level added
Hes stuff truly are amazing, but most are BOLD , hard and skillfull
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I see. Thanks.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Level 5 for sure. What's your XP?

I kid, of course. Considering this, though, just for an hour and a half of his thoughts really.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
Level 5 for sure. What's your XP?

I kid, of course. Considering this, though, just for an hour and a half of his thoughts really.

Who wouldn't pay 29$ for an hour and a half of Peter Turners thoughts! I did.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
So as the guy that was live there through all the filming and explanations putting Peter in the "hot seat"...

This is fairly advanced material, but *** does it pay off!

I've used the techniques taught in the download to completely decimate audiences and to fool other magicians since the filming took place back in April. I always grill my audience members afterwards asking them how they thought things worked and to BE BRUTALLY HONEST...I would even go out of the way to ask if they believed it to be sleight of hand...no one had a realistic explanation! One hilarious story was of a drunken night out with a dear friend of mine doing ACAAN style effects all night using the deck at the bar then him BEGGING me to give him some kind of insight into how it worked!

Well...I did...HE DIDN'T BELIEVE IT AND WE ALMOST HAD A FALLING OUT OVER IT BECAUSE HE SWORE DOWN I WAS LYING!

This work is not in any way, shape or form a pipe dream. If you put the work into your personality and style to make this material become workable.

It really isn't hard, but it involves attitude and not just technique, so prepare to fail quite a few times until you get your game set match down.

If you're one of the lucky few that are disciplined, talented and charismatic enough to really put this into your daily working material then man you're in for a seriously amazing treat when you present this to the public!

XX,
Jacob
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
I've been following Peter's work on this series and it's got some really great gems hidden in it. Can't wait to get my hands on these.
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
Magician 336, I agree. It's all about the charisma. It's a real secret of mentalism. With a strong stage presence you can get away with so much.. Shame that I've seen so many people bashing on bold materials. I personally LOVE bold techniques.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
There are some good bits in the teaching, but....none of it teaches how to do the effect in the demo......how do you do all that stuff with the cards when they are boxed, and on the table before the effect starts, not touched until AFTER the spec chooses, then, still not touching the cards, you let the spec count down to the chosen card and number, its a totally different effect to what has been taught, its all clever stuff though, just wish he explained EXACTLY how the demo effect was achieved,clearly nothing to do with zarrows etc, all just forcing, but this is not made clear in the teaching that the demo was achieved in this way, so it all starts very confusingly. it is good stuff though, just like ray says, would of been better with a bit more structure. maybe show us some real world demos of using the zarrow based effect.

in the demo she counts 6 cards after the stop force, in the teaching its 4, 'you can go one or two cards either way (demo), she goes one card and hits, how? why is the 7H not at 14?, what happens if they say, 'no, I'm happy to stick'..
also 23 seems to be a common number, why not put the 7H there?, why 15?

its all clever, and pete is a master at it, just does not give me the confidence to do the same at all, but I'm a crap hobbyist....and my confidence is diminishing the older I get for some reason
kudos to pete for getting penguin to give out the forcing PDF, some great stuff in there too.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Thanks Cat, I didn't realize that vol 1 of his PDF series was included Smile This makes this product a bargain then. The PDF is normally $30 by itself so you're getting a very in depth video to go with the PDF for only $10 more.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Thanks Cat, I didn't realize that vol 1 of his PDF series was included Smile This makes this product a bargain then. The PDF is normally $30 by itself so you're getting a very in depth video to go with the PDF for only $10 more.

yep, made it a real value buy tbh, its now in the teaching segment Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Quote:

yep, made it a real value buy tbh, its now in the teaching segment Smile

About your comment about why not force 23. I think he was trying to catch out magicians on the video so he didn't use that force. As to how he knew where the girl will
stop at, that was a timing f*rc* and he was gauging the speed of her dealing. It didn't go exactly so he corrected for that and what appeared as a free choice during that correction was also under his complete control if you pay attention. If you think about what I've said there and go over the video again, you'll see what I mean (listen to the wording he uses).
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
As I wrote my little post above, I actually started to get it more, if that makes sense, thanks for the input though kiss Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
As I wrote my little post above, I actually started to get it more, if that makes sense, thanks for the input though kiss Smile

You know, I was thinking about it further and came to the conclusion that there really is not way to teach a structured routine in the typical understanding of what a standard structured routine is. Reason being the mechanical methods are really there so that you have an out when your psych methods fail. So a routine that is essentially never the same thing twice, I don't see how he would have been able to teach a standard routine (Fate ACAAN comes close but he has two outs for that and if that still fails, he just go to another routine with nobody knowing that he has completely changed course due to his scripting).

It's like a choose your own adventure book. The paths branches off and you have multiple endings.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
Quote:

You know, I was thinking about it further and came to the conclusion that there really is not way to teach a structured routine in the typical understanding of what a standard structured routine is. Reason being the mechanical methods are really there so that you have an out when your psych methods fail. So a routine that is essentially never the same thing twice, I don't see how he would have been able to teach a standard routine (Fate ACAAN comes close but he has two outs for that and if that still fails, he just go to another routine with nobody knowing that he has completely changed course due to his scripting).

It's like a choose your own adventure book. The paths branches off and you have multiple endings.

yep, that's what it is,an adventure book!!! there are so many ways taught, its just a case of leaning them, and using them as needed, I think pete likes
the adventure, whereas I was just looking at the end, I guess its impossible to show in a demo all the possibilities, its starting to sink in for me, instant download does not mean instant gratification, practice is needed!!
anyway, happy new year to all here, pete, penguin, and all the rest!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Happy new year everyone Smile

The routine is essentially like Vernon's 'The trick that can't be explained'.

There is never a set way in which the effect is performed - It would look different each time although, if you preferred a particular outcome you could encourage that outcome.

I shot the explanations first and then the performances - Which I know had it of been the other way around I could have talked about the trailer more specifically. Everything is shot on a schedule at penguin, as I was filming two other downloads it was a tight schedule and had to work to penguin's requirements and as the studio was set up from explaining something else I moved straight into shooting the explanations for this project (saving penguin setting the studio up twice).

The effect in the trailer is a psychological force of the number seven and then the dealing force - It didn't hit perfectly as she was off by one (when she dealt down) but I got her to readjust (using the techniques outlined in the download). I think I mentioned in another thread the performance was ok at best, it wasn't as tight as I would have liked - I was jet lagged with the drastic time change from Dubai to the states - I'm happy this one went out like it did though as it's an honest performance.

The reason that I didn't just place the 7 of hearts at 23 and perform it like that I'd because I know I could easily force the 7 of hearts, but 23 is risky as there is a good chance she wouldn't have gone for that - Language wise I tip-toed when revealing 23 - I said - "be honest did you go for a number in the 20's?" - She said yes and then I said "was it 23?" If she'd have said "no" I know I wouldn't have been too far out and would have said "Ahh I wasn't too far out! This proves I can get close to your thoughts, to ensure this is random and there's no way I can predict what you are going to do, we need to ensure that even you didn't know what number you were going to go for".

Then had her deal.

I could control her to get within the Ball park of where I did place it - with a slight adjustment if needed and it made more sense to take the hit on 23 for free (if she did go for it).

That's why I made the choice to put it there in hindsight (which is a wonderful thing) I could have used a dupe and placed one at 23 - Had her deal them facedown hit at 23 and then turned the rest face up throwing them on the table (ensuring the dupe stays hidden). I will add this as a list to add to my tool box, be under no illusion I'm still learning and adding different ways to achieve the same effect.

If she hadn't of named the 7 of hearts the trailer would have been different.

I don't get a say in the ad copy, Penguin own the project and bill it as they deem.

I included the psychological forces PDF also so that people can jump into that and mix it with the download.

I've learnt a big lesson this time, projects like this would probably be better over DVD format and if I do downloads in the future make them takeaway/ commercial effects.

Thanks for taking the time to watch this,

Pete X
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Psyche by Peter Turner (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL