The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Quiz for 70s/80s football fans... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I heard Terry Bradshaw interviewed today, and he was asked an interesting question:

"You played with 9 Hall of Famers. Who was the best player you ever played with?"

Bradshaw not only did not hedge; he didn't hesitate. He also didn't name a number of contenders. Instead, he said that one player was "by far" the best player he was ever on a team with.

Who?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I'm guessing Franco Harris. Pittsburgh in the 1970s. What a team that was!
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I'll try Lynn Swann, one of the all time great receivers! IMHO.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Jack Lambert would be my guess
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2016, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
I'll try Lynn Swann, one of the all time great receivers! IMHO.

And, naturally, a USC alumnus.

Swanny sounds like a good choice to me.

(He was in a game against whom I don't recall - Ohio State, perhaps - and made a series of spectacular catches. Toward the end of the game he was running a crossing pattern about 15 yards downfield, and Paul McDonald threw the ball, untouched, right into his hands, chest high. Swanny dropped it. The announcer's comment was perfect: "Don't throw it into my hands; throw it on the ground, ten yards behind me, where I can catch it!")
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
None of those answers would have surprised me, nor would a few others (including Bradshaw's actual choice). What did surprise me was that Bradshaw considered the question a complete no-brainer. What surprised and impressed me was that he was willing to express that opinion without qualification (or diplomacy, if you prefer!)

Bradshaw's response? Joe Greene.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would have guessed mean Joe.

I would have hedged with Rocky Blier.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Quiz for 70s/80s football fans... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL