The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Science ... Wrong again! Water Wrinkles ..... (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
When doing Palm Readings I have a nice little speech about how Science has been wrong for all this time about your minds ability to effect the wrinkles on your skin ... Once again Science has been proven WRONG ...
Some of you may like this new found evidence (1930's) and some may hate it ... But here it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhoLNUTS8I
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, Slim King wrote:
When doing Palm Readings I have a nice little speech about how Science has been wrong for all this time about your minds ability to effect the wrinkles on your skin ... Once again Science has been proven WRONG ...
Some of you may like this new found evidence (1930's) and some may hate it ... But here it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhoLNUTS8I


Where in the video does it mention your mind's abilities? I did notice that the video referred to the phenomenon as an "involuntary nerve response", which is rather a different thing.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Science has a huge problem with Intuitive Knowledge. The nerves are still there .. just not directly connected to the mind.... There are also other areas of your body... although wet....do not shrivel up Smile Unfortunately science has been wrong for a long time. Many of their periodicals repeat the bogus assumption.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
It never ends. It just subsides for a while.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Frankly, I enjoy reading Slim's postings much more than "What is wrong with any of this?"
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
176 Posts

Profile of R.S.
1) As Magnus said, where in the video does it mention your mind's abilities?????
2) That's apparently a science channel doing science. They actually give a plausible scientific explanation for the phenomenon. Nothing in that video is anti-science.
3) Since science is not dogma, it's provisional claims can sometimes be inaccurate/wrong. Nothing wrong with that. That's how advances are made. We either modify old theories or toss them out completely. The only thing that corrects bad science is better science.
4) And most importantly, what kind of person celebrates science being wrong??!! Would you do a happy dance if all of a sudden all your electronics, modern appliances, and medicines stopped working??


Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Shhh. Slim likes attention. It'll pass if you ignore it. Shhhh.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Science has a huge problem with Intuitive Knowledge.

Not that I've ever seen.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, R.S. wrote:
1) As Magnus said, where in the video does it mention your mind's abilities?????
2) That's apparently a science channel doing science. They actually give a plausible scientific explanation for the phenomenon. Nothing in that video is anti-science.
3) Since science is not dogma, it's provisional claims can sometimes be inaccurate/wrong. Nothing wrong with that. That's how advances are made. We either modify old theories or toss them out completely. The only thing that corrects bad science is better science.
4) And most importantly, what kind of person celebrates science being wrong??!! Would you do a happy dance if all of a sudden all your electronics, modern appliances, and medicines stopped working??


Ron


ROTFLMAO ... So when Science is WRONG we are supposed to pretend it isn't because it will self correct?????? That's ridiculous !!!!! All these people waving flags .. Science has proven this or Science has disproven that ... It's all bunk!!!!! Putting your faith in Science is like putting your faith in religion .... here is a prime example of Science being wrong for decades.... Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE SCIENCE!!!!! But let's be honest .... It's full of mistakes and failures. Smile

I bring this up only because I use it in my shows and others may profit from the knowledge Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
176 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, R.S. wrote:
1) As Magnus said, where in the video does it mention your mind's abilities?????
2) That's apparently a science channel doing science. They actually give a plausible scientific explanation for the phenomenon. Nothing in that video is anti-science.
3) Since science is not dogma, it's provisional claims can sometimes be inaccurate/wrong. Nothing wrong with that. That's how advances are made. We either modify old theories or toss them out completely. The only thing that corrects bad science is better science.
4) And most importantly, what kind of person celebrates science being wrong??!! Would you do a happy dance if all of a sudden all your electronics, modern appliances, and medicines stopped working??


Ron


ROTFLMAO ... So when Science is WRONG we are supposed to pretend it isn't because it will self correct?????? That's ridiculous !!!!! All these people waving flags .. Science has proven this or Science has disproven that ... It's all bunk!!!!! Putting your faith in Science is like putting your faith in religion .... here is a prime example of Science being wrong for decades.... Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE SCIENCE!!!!! But let's be honest .... It's full of mistakes and failures. Smile

I bring this up only because I use it in my shows and others may profit from the knowledge Smile


It's obvious that you spent way too much time "on the floor" and not enough time learning in school, didn't you? That explains a lot. Now I'M the one ROTFLMAO!!!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Slim, at the risk of introducing some logic into your act, consider the following. Your example is a scientific result. Science has provided the mechanism by which fingers wrinkle. In fact, science got it the first time scientists looked seriously at the question. Everything in this example points to science getting it right the first time it tried.

Now, I know that you earn your living by lying to people. That's ok. This is entertainment. And if you want to BS your clients into giving you money when you tell them nonsense, who are we to judge.

But when you come here and spout nonsense, don't expect everyone to roll over and invite you into their dark spaces.

Your example is crap. Your interpretation of it is crap. And your manners amongst your peers are crap.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21013 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow.

Slim please post for me where any representative of "science" (If there is such a thing.) ever claimed not to make mistakes.

That is a straw man constructed in your own mind, or wherever you constructed it.

John I am going to step in here a bit and be a little out of character. Please you or Ron correct me if needed.

Science strikes me a lot like a police investigation. Constantly looking for the "correct answer" to for lack a bitter term some sort of puzzle. Science is just the procedures put in place to help solve that puzzle. Scientists are those investigators. (Yes not a perfect analogy but close I believe.)

Now police often have many working theories of a crime. That is because they're is no video of how it happened, and even THEN it is often not clear! Science tries to use the best available methods to get to the correct conclusion. They try to keep revising as new evidence presents itself.

Often more tech arises offering the opportunity to see their conclusions in a new light. When that is possible they do not get stuck in dogma but often relish the opportunity to be the one to self correct.

Yes science can make mistakes. Yes it can take decades or centuries to correct. But it DOES try to correct.

In short they have a best guess (A hypothesis.) and then simply test it. They do not try to prove it correct or incorrect, simply test it and wait for results and report those results.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16362 Posts

Profile of tommy
Crap evidently is one of the most commonly used words in the vocabulary of the educated man.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I think that your analogy is excellent, Danny.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! Science is self correcting .... Such a self serving idea .... So when Science is wrong it never has to take the Responsibility of being WRONG .... Just kind of says ..."My Bad "and moves on ...even though it has published false conclusions for decades ... IS THAT IT??????

YOUR SCIENCE is often 100% WRONG .... I've shown you an example .... Smile There are thousands of more......
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21013 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If science was right just ONCE it is not 100% wrong. I have just given you an example of how wrong YOU are. Will you admit it? Probably not and therein less a very important distinction between the two.

By the why it does NOT "just move on". It CORRECTS. Another important distinction.

Do you ever get tired of trolling?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
If science was right just ONCE it is not 100% wrong. I have just given you an example of how wrong YOU are. Will you admit it? Probably not and therein less a very important distinction between the two.

By the why it does NOT "just move on". It CORRECTS. Another important distinction.

Do you ever get tired of trolling?

In this instance Science was 100% wrong ... I never said ALL Science is 100% wrong... As I've said many times before ..I LOVE SCIENCE!!!!! But on this issue it appears to be wrong .. and for decades wrong ... Putting your faith in Science is not a perfect solution ... It is often wrong Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2016, Slim King wrote:
I never said ALL Science is 100% wrong... As I've said many times before ...Putting your faith in Science is not a perfect solution ... It is often wrong Smile


SCIENTISM!!!! Part2.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
176 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Slim, we all know this is just a troll thread for you to bash science, so stop with the "I love science" crap. If you REALLY loved science, you would be encouraging people NOT to fall for Palm reading charlatans rather than promoting pseudoscientific nonsense. Do you get paid for your palm readings? Do you give your clients the "it's just entertainment" disclaimer?

Science is not some monolithic "thing." It's a process. It's an empirical method for eliminating bias and coming to objective conclusions (to the extent that that's possible). That's it. In fact, it's the best method we have for discerning fact from fiction. Do you know of any other method that's better for discerning fact from fiction? Please tell us if you do. And "faith" is not a component of science. The track record of the scientific process leads us to trust that it's methods are sound and reasonable. And with full knowledge that scientific conclusions are open to revision pending new/better information.

Again, for someone to revel in potential scientific failures is not indicative of someone who a) "loves" science, or b) understands what the scientific process is.

Here's a somewhat scientific prediction; based on past observations of Slim's behavior, I can reasonably predict that he will either a) now disappear from this thread altogether (like he did in the stock market thread), or b) respond with more "HAHAHAs" or "ROTFLMAOs" or more proclamations (in capitals) of how science is/has been wrong. And he will ignore my question re does he know of any better method than science for discerning fact from fiction.


Ron Smile
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Many have put their faith is Science. It is a huge mistake. Science is often wrong. Of course I'm paid for Tarot or Palm readings. Readings are the ultimate goal of any good mentalist. Just ask Corinda Smile And I give a "Claimer" rather than the forced disclaimer many here demand http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12646......entalism

I love Science!!! I always have and I will continue to be amazed as Science unravels the mysteries of this fantastic creation we live in.

But back on topic. The water does NOT make your skin swell in the manner Science has described over the years ... This is a mistake. Your Mind controls the wrinkles on your hands, fingers and palms.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Science ... Wrong again! Water Wrinkles ..... (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL