The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any books on Matchbook Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just wondering if there are any books or sources of a compilation of magic using matchbooks.
Thank you in advance.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes...I think it was published in the '40s, or very early '50s, possibly by the late Martin Gardner,

If I get out to my storage facilities any time soon, I'll check a few of the old catalogs. (No guarantee that I'll find anything.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you Sir.
Also, just to let you know, I still use the Cards to Pocket you generously shared way back at Carothers Magic Studio and Glass City conclave.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey! Thank you!

I started using that in the lecture EONS ago! I am NOT a cardician, although I've been fortunate to know most of the great ones, in the last 50 years.

You will probably remember the late Karrell Fox, since you're only a few miles from Detroit! Karrell and I both shared the concept of KISMIF! When he saw me present the Cards to Pocket, at a lecture (someplace!) he said, "THAT goes into the "regular" close up stuff!

It's good for this old geezer's ego, to hear that one's ideas are being used!!!

Happy New Year!

Dick

"
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Wravyn, you may want to head over to Lybrary.com, where for a small fee ($5 U.s.) you will be able to download Martin Gardner's 'Match-ic," a collection of impromptu tricks and stunts involving matches.

Other books in this same category on Lybrary.com include "At the Drop of a Match" by Ken de Courcy, "Match-Stick Magic" by Will Blyth, and "Fun With Matches" (two volumes) by Aldo Colombini.

There are some tricks involving matches in volume 3 of Tarbell. And if you have a copy of "Magic for Dummies," you'll find a chapter on matches there.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Doug! Thanks! You saved me from an hour of searching in a cold storage facility (a corner of the barn at my sister's farm!)!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any books on Matchbook Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL