The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The best close-up card magicians in England (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Jerry was actually born in New Jersey!!! He went to live in Glasgow with his family where he got to know Roy Walton, and since then has moved to live in London.

As for David Carre, I just do not feel that his performance is strong. I am sure he is technicaly very good...But this is not a discusion about the skill of the magician...To me when you chose the best "close-up card magicians", you can't just look at the difficulty of the material.
Of course this poll is going to be oppinionated, and therefore I am showing my opinion...I do not think that David Carre deserves to be known as one of the best card magicians in England!
owen
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
104 Posts

Profile of magic soul
All the above are very good especially jerry sadowitz and alex elmsley actually on one of jerrys shows in the u.k. he met alex in a pub in london and alex performed a trick for him Anyway paul daniels is very entertaining I recently have been watching some old t.v. shows of him he's great.And someone else very underated who nobody has mentioned yet who has just been on tour I think is geoffrey durham.
andy
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Geoff Ray
anyone remeber him? he won nearly every magic comp he entered! and recently picked up an award for being one of the top 6 British magicians by the Blackpool magicians Club.
In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My vote goes to Howard Wiles
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
James Luff
View Profile
New user
Eastbourne, UK
74 Posts

Profile of James Luff
For somewhere to see magic, check out http://www.klubmagic.co.uk . This is the web site of a magic show held on the first Monday of every month at the Komedia in Brighton. They have different guests each month so you never know who you'll see from one show to another. It's on a break at the moment but is back in September.

Regards,
James Luff
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.

- Gregory Benford
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

David Penn :-

1994 Won the "Magic Circle Close-Up Magician Of The Year" award.
1995 Won the "IBM Close-Up Magician Of The Year" award.
1996 Awarded the "Magic Circle Cecil Lyle Award" for originality.
1999 Won the "Luminar Leisure Entertainer Of The Year" award.
2002 Won the "British Champion Of Illusion" award.
2002 Won the title of "The British Magical Champion".

I worked with David designing and testing on his 1994 Magic circle Routine.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
I agree about David Carre - I got both his TAT videos on a recommendation many years ago. His skills are incredible - no doubt - but his routining / delivery is really long winded and convoluted.

Kind of sums the arguments on this topic up - you do need both the skills and presentation in good measure (though not necessarily equal) to be in the top echelons.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Hey Steve, are there any lectures at the end of may in London. Im going to London for a vaca... also france... Between May 25th and June 5th. I could stay longer if I want. Just wondering since you live near, maybe you know of some good recources for me to check out... thanks alot!
Ross McCourt
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Ross McCourt
David Jones.
magicalec
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of magicalec
To sum up, it's sadowitz, now living in london, if you're lucky enough for him to show you something, sit back & enjoy..if not go and see the rest, we really do have great card men in the u.k. which could give our american friends a good show...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I would cast a vote for Hollingworth, Not neccisarily THE vte, but he gets a vote from me. So much good in his book WAY beyond reformation and waving.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Merlin - hands down.
tjo'
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
After reading THIS you would think someone would have mentioned him, or did I miss it in this thread?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The best close-up card magicians in England (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL