We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Travelling Lite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Wish me luck, gang - I'm working a 4 hour strolling gig for a school benefit tonight, dressed in Renaissance Mode...

I'm looking at this evening as a chance to work with a 'reduced luggage' set, seeing how far down I can distill the necessary props in order to perform a number of short stories with magic without lugging around lots of stuff. Since 'Renaissance' clothing doesn't really come with pockets, this is more of an imperative than it might be otherwise Smile

As it stands, I'm packing:

Four 'ladybugs' (1.25" sponge balls cut in half and decorated to look like ladybugs)
One deck of cards, Si Stebbins Stacked
One handkercheif
One TT and rainbow silk streamer
One Haunted Key on a rat tail cord with two beads on it (my 'Conjuror's Cord', with which I can do a number of small rope tricks and penetrations)
A set of vellum-enveloped burnt cards for an attempt at 'Scorched' (by a very clever fellow here on the Café whos name escapes me at the moment - mad props to him, though)
A stack of five pieces of vellum with my logo, contact info and '1089' on the back, for the use of during Docc Hilford's handling of the 1089_Force.

Not a lot of stuff. We'll see how we go. I'll be doing bits from 'five minutes with a pocket handkerchief' with the hank, as well as a few vanishing / appearing salts and silks and so forth with the appropriate items, sponge magic, a bit of mentalism...

I'll post back in a day or so with the results of my noble experiment in pocket management Smile

Tobias
tobiastheadequate.com
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
frank
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
109 Posts

Profile of frank
Tobias:

That's plenty of magic. Tell us how
it goes!

frank
FREE 5 Day Get Your First Restaurant Show Email Mini Course - to sign up...
Send a Blank Email Here:[email]freemagicinfo@getresponse.com[/email]
procy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of procy
Good luck, have fun
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
Good luck & Make it Magical Time for everyone
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Very nice...but are you practiced enough on scorched? I would take sure fire instead of "attempt" something
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
Best of luck, I'm sure you'll have a blast.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Hmmm! Rainbow streamer and Rennaisance. I would add a wand in there to use with the handkerchief, cords and beads along with a few coins.

KirkG
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
I'm back! No casualties!

Amusingly enough, it was the handkerchief and the haunted key that got the best reactions. As I'm learning, with big parties (especially those involving, shall we say, 'drunk rich people') a hit and run approach is best - much akin to 'Gigging' at the RenFaire - get in, amuse, get the heck out, move to the next batch.

Scorched went well, but next time I'm going to use the 'metallic' hot melt glue that comes in sticks, or actual sealing wax to seal the vellum 'envelopes' with.

I'm working on 'ring on stick' (from the "Think Like a Conjuror" series of booklets) will likely trot it out in public once I'm comfortable with it. Which leads to another thread I'll start up as soon as I figure out where it really belongs...
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
Glad to hear it went well. Its always nice to know a fellow Ren Performer makin' good. ;-)

-Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Mplegare,
It was Greg Arce that gave us "Scorch".
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Travelling Lite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL