The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Non-Magic Take on Performing (Sell-Cleaning-Products-Vid) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
I searched around but was not sure of the best place to put this. Now I know this isn't magic, but there is something we can take from this video. The importance of performance. How many times have you had a person knock on your door and not given them the time of day because they were rude or plain. I wanted to share this as it made me smile first thing in the morning, and also really got those wheels spinning - thinking about performance and presentation. This guy wants to become a comedian and he is putting himself out there on his job, going door to door. Sounds like when we go out and practice with strangers no? How much of a difference would it have made, if he just went up to them, knocked on the door and said, "Hi, I am selling this cleaner for $10 and this is what it cleans, would you like to buy some?". His personality, love for comedy and bold jokes made me want to watch a guy selling a cleaning product.

Kenny Brooks Salesman (And comedian?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAo-DmzdvK0
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
805 Posts

Profile of danaruns
He evidences what Jeff McBride calls "The Big Three: Performance, Character, and Script." This guy just needs to learn some magic effects (though he leaves me a bit exhausted).
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Non-Magic Take on Performing (Sell-Cleaning-Products-Vid) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL