The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How does silver hold up for cups and balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
129 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Hello,

Most of my cups are copper and I do love copper, but how does silver hold up? Does it scratch easily? Will silver cups hold up to 30 years of use and still look good? Outside of the expense, what are the disadvantages of silver cups?

Much Thanks,
Bob
BryanPatrickAvery
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of BryanPatrickAvery
I've never owned silver cups. I've used copper and brass. I recently saw a video of Dai Vernon talking about his silver cups. It's on the Worlds Greatest Magic - Cups and Balls DVD. He said that he traded his engraved silver cups for a new set with the same engraving because they had become scratched and dented as a result of hitting them with his wand all the time. That may not be an issue with all silver but I'd imagine they'd be a bit more fragile.
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1616 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Bob,

I have a set of silver cups. I've performed and practiced my routine well over a thousand times.

The cups are fine.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
They hold up great. I have a set of silver cups I have used since 1995 and not a problem.
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
186 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
Mobius,

Those wouldn't happen to be a numbered set, would they?

Jim
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
#7 and yes from RNT....I really enjoy that set.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I just purchase a set of RNT 2 silver/gold plate that were made 12 years ago. He said he performed regularly with the cups and they look as good as the day he
ordered them from me..
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How does silver hold up for cups and balls? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL