We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Getting in... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi Guys,

What are your methods of "getting in" to a table when you arrive. I don't mean what trick do you do I mean how do you get everyone's attention. If there is music playing in the background (which there frequently is and it is quite loud) do you just talk considerable louder than without it?

I was doing table hopping last night with quite large tables and so it wasnt easy to get the immediate attention of everyone on the table.

All input appreciated,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I get eye contact and smile. Yes, sometimes I do find myself talking loud enough to get over the music... in those cases I get right to the point- "Hi there... you guys having fun tonight? would you like Magic?" then go right into something visual like color change and card production, Dean Dill's Spotlight, etc.

I try to pick people who look like they're having a good time. I sometimes also add, "I hope I'm not interupting anything". If I sense they don't want to be interupted at that time, I move on for a while and perhaps I come back.

I find that with large tables, especially in noisy environments, It's very hard to capture the whole tables attention. I try to zero in on the most resceptive people, keeping their attention. After I do my stuff for them, I can go to the other side of the table and see if they would like to see something especailly for them... which they usually do becuase of the reaction I got from the others...

hope this helps...
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Getting in... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL