The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle pass transfer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
Hi ,l want to learn a good way to do this
I have been trying in front of the mirror but not having much success
After some research three names have come up shoot ogawa, Akira Fujii and Brian Platts's the dance
So far l'm inclined to go with the latter , opinions would be appreciated cheers!
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
What are you trying to learn exactly?
Anything related to undercover use of the Muscle Pass I'd recommend Fujii Akira's work.

That's me doing Akira's "Jet Coin" routine using the MP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFeZiDFGbg
nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
A technique to do a coins across with the muscle pass
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
You might also research methods of secret transfer between hands that do not require a muscle pass
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Nicky,
In addition to the resources you mention, I would also look into Charlie Justice's DVD "Covert Coins" as he has some applications on the Muscle Pass. I also have some work on it as a secret changeover that's based primarily off of Shoot's work. Justice's work and Shoot's work also have similarities in their execution as I recall.
nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
Thanks Bill ,after many viewings l think lm going to purchase the dance , it looks so good !
Yes Funsway l've been studying coin magic for 15 years so l do know some other methods , just love how clean Brian Platts techniques look.
Sean Piper
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
139 Posts

Profile of Sean Piper
Also try to track down John Cornelius 'The Coin that Falls Up'. I think it was on the first Classic Renditions DVD/VHS with Michael Ammar.

Some nice tips for doing the move openly, that will translate into being a covert move.
Piper Magic - Australia's Premier Online Magic Store

www.pipermagic.com.au

Supplying Australian magicians with high-quality apparatus, classic books, and a wide range of unique and collectible pre-owned magic.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2017, Bill Citino wrote:
Nicky,
In addition to the resources you mention, I would also look into Charlie Justice's DVD "Covert Coins" as he has some applications on the Muscle Pass. I also have some work on it as a secret changeover that's based primarily off of Shoot's work. Justice's work and Shoot's work also have similarities in their execution as I recall.

BC, where'ya been man? Smile Long time!

Hope all is well my friend, and when you coming out with your next magic book, it's been a while now. I know you've come up with a lot of new magic to share with us. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I had troubles getting a high (as in up and down) MP until I discovered the Fingertip Muscle Pass that Kainoa Harbottle teaches. He originally had a thrown together video but he recently released this one with Work by Colin McNamara too - https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......le-pass/

He passes the coins straight across and claims they are "magnetic" Smile I find it much more "controllable" than a standard MP (especially when it comes to aim). It could easily be adapted into a coins across. My favorite use for it is ditching a coin into a TKO 2.0.

As for standard MP sources, I have seen (other than the stuff already mentioned above by others) are - "Anti-Gravity Coin Muscle Pass" by Kris Nevling and "The Muscle Pass Starring Jay Noblezada" both are fairly basic though and probably stuff you already know if you have been at this 15 years Smile (but I will mention them for anyone who stumbles on this thread and is looking for beginner stuff)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I will second the Covert Coins DVD by Charlie Justice. It's got lots of quality stuff.

His fingertip de-shell is nice.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2017, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2017, Bill Citino wrote:
Nicky,

BC, where'ya been man? Smile Long time!

Hope all is well my friend, and when you coming out with your next magic book, it's been a while now. I know you've come up with a lot of new magic to share with us. Smile

-Mb

Hey Marion,
I'll send you a PM. As for some new magic, there are eNotes that I recently completed and hopefully will be released in the very near future. Lots of good coin magic in there as well as a card trick too.

-Bill
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Principles & Deceptions ... by Buckley is where I found
it back in 76 or so....
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
186 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
DafedasB uses the MP as a transfer in several routines on his KATA DVD.

Jim
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
199 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
Once you have the coin moving a couple of inches with a dollar size coin (for most folks this works better with a large coin), I recommend you look into "Feng shui" coins that you get on eBay for a couple of bucks. These are slightly larger in diameter than a dollar coin, but super thin and light weight. They really pop with a muscle pass. I get four inches if Im lucky with a dollar, but the Feng shui coins hop a foot or more easily.
-Rob
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The Buckley book has the sleight as a secret transfer.
A related technique - Dan Sylvester's Inertial Transfer - may also serve your use case.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Hare
I've never managed to be able to master the Muscle Pass, and use Sylvester's wonderful Inertial Transfer for all invisible chicanery of that sort. it's an incredible, versatile tool well worth learning.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle pass transfer (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL