The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Please tell me the creator of this magic using 2 corks. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrssmith
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mrssmith
Please tell me the creator of this magic using 2 corks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPGv2xZeesU

When and where did it first appear?

If anybody knows, please tell me.

Best Reagards.
Escamoteur
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Hello,

This is going back many many years ago (early 80's), so I may be wrong, but if my memory is correct, I learned this while in 4th grade from a book titled Sneaky Feats, and used chapstick containers. I do not have that text anymore, but perhaps someone else here does, and can see if it sites the creator. It may have been from a different book in the magic section of the library, but I really want to say it was this one.

Hope this is helpful.

Carter
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8097 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
It's an old "after dinner" trick! The corks were readily available! It was "ancient" when I was a kid (that's ancient history!). Try some of the old books that were written for kids and amateur magicians. (books like Bill Severn wrote for Cub Scouts)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mrssmith
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mrssmith
Hi, guys. Thank you for answering my question. But I need more specific book and creator. If anybody knows, please answer.
Escamoteur
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Mr. Oslund, you evoked quite a flashback with the mention of Bill Severn. I have fond memories of time spent in the library after school pouring over his books. As both of my parents were teachers, I often was camped out there waiting at the end of every day.

Carter
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8097 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Carter!

Yes! The late Bill Severn wrote a series of columns in "BOYS LIFE" magazine for the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA. I don't recall the title of his column. It was written for young Scouts, who were involved with helping Den Mothers produce a good Den Meeting. The Den Chiefs could perform the tricks for the Cubs. (I remember, 'cuz I've been a Scouter for going on 73 years.) IIRC, the columns were later printed in little books.

Bill adapted old basic principles to familiar items that a 12 year old Boy Scout could use to do tricks for Cub Scouts (ages 7-10+).

How fortunate you were! (To be held "prisoner" in a library with some magic books by Bill!)

I remember Alexander the Magician's "The Magic Show Book" and, Joseph Leeming's "Fun With Magic". I used several tricks from those books in my first shows in 1945.

Years later, I attended two Boy Scout National Jamborees in '81 and '85, as the BOYS LIFE MAGICIAN. I used magic tricks to "sell" the magazine at Fort A.P. Hill, in Virginia. (HOT, DUSTY in July!) It was much like my teen age experience, working in a carnival side show!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
I believe that it's also in the Schulien book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Please tell me the creator of this magic using 2 corks. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL