We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SDP by Mick Wilson (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
I am both proud and humbled to announce that my first official release to the magic community, 'SDP', was released on Christmas Day and is available to purchase now.
'SDP' is an 80 page booklet which details a highly deceptive, yet super simple card control of my own creation. This is accompanied by thirteen routines and bonus ideas from such minds as Liam Montier, Karl Scott, Manos Kartsakis, John Carey and more.

Alongside the book you will also receive two custom printed playing cards which are used alongside the fantastic 'Daylight Savings' routine which is fresh from the mind of Steve Haresign.

Check out a few of the quotes I have received below -

"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."
- Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016

"The Spread Drop Placement by Mick Wilson is an awesome utility move that you will use! Also known as SDP, well to me it is certainly that! Simple, Deceptive, Practical... This comes highly recommend"
- Mozique, UK, 2016

"The principle of SDP is great and more importantly easy to do. I think the serious card performers out there will love this."
- Dean Barlow, UK, 2016

"In my eyes causality and simplicity are two of the most deceptive features performers can have. If we have an attitude of casualness and not caring why would the spectator? It's only when "something" is about to happen and a performers demeanour changes that a spectators attention or intuition picks up. The beauty of a move like SDP is that it looks simple and casual and flys under the radar but gets you so far ahead the spectators cannot see or expect the finale. The contributions are excellent! And the wise readers will no doubt take and mix the ideas to
construct something personal to them.

Congratulations on a great contribution to card magic."

- Steven Palmer, UK, 2016

"As with all things, I believe in working them first before I will comment on them and the spread drop placement is simply invisible and I adore its simplistic beauty! I tip my deerstalker to you Mr Wilson!"
- Ben Cardall, UK, 2016

All purchasers will also be invited to join the 'behind the scenes' SDP Facebook group which already has some highly notable members who have some superb thoughts to share.

You can order direct using the links below, be sure to include your full delivery address in the notes.

There are only 13 copies left.

£25 inc postage to mainland UK: www.paypal.me/mickwilson/25

£30 inc postage outside UK: www.paypal.me/mickwilson/30

Once your payment has been submitted you can pop your request to join the Facebook group here -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mickwilsonsdp/

Mick Wilson
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I saw this a long time ago & loved the easy, casual approach with which it was done.

It is a tool which opens up many ways to go . In other words once you know it, the routines are unlimitted.

Got to say that when Mick did it on me the only thing I could think of was the Gene Finnel Free Cut Principal BUT IT ISN'T THAT !

I recognised certain things in this but ultimatelly missed something when his phone rang & HE FOOLED ME. Being fooled at my time in life is very rare so thank you for that Mr Wilson ha.

As well as the principal you are also given a lot of routines to use which are very good. Sadly Mick didn't include mine as he said it was too difficult to write up . He wants me to write this up, but if can't explain it I HAVE NO CHANCE as he puts words on paper far better than me.

I will not go through each routine but surfice it to say that I believe this is a very good release.

Mick is a close friend, but being a close friend he knows I would not hesistate to tell him it was rubbish if it was.

Thankfully this is excellent so I take my hat of to you Mick(& I don't even have a hat).

A 5 star release from Mick Wilson creator of fine effects & wearer of Homer Simpson Slippers.

Mike Donoghue
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
I am truly thrilled that Mick has published, this his first release to the magic community. Michael Murray and I have been playfully nagging him for ages! Mick is a true thinker. He spends days working on a particular problem and when you open these pages you will see the fruits of his labour. SDP is a true utility tool that is as devious as it is beautifully deceptive. Imagine being able to position a card or cards sleightlessly right under people's noses without them being any the wiser? Well this does exactly what it says on the tin.

I predict that a wealth of material will be created with this technique in the next few years. Yes it is that good!

Take a bow Mick, the stage is yours my friend.

John Carey
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
I had the pleasure of seeing Mick perform one of the effects from this book the other evening. Really great, the move itself (if you can call it that) is so disarming and casual your spectators won't have a chance.

Great work Mick, as John says, this will be a springboard to more stuff, and I can't wait to see where it leads.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I have a variatio of the effect which use a spilt pint of larger ha

Mike Donoghue
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Mick very kindly sent me a copy of this when I purchased some books from him (and I can only say he is a very trustworthy and honest trader).
The principle is presented in a nice glossy booklet and you receive the gaffs to perform one of the tricks specifically.

The effect is a nice, casual "move" that will throw people off 99.9% of the time.

9/10 from me.
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 31, 2017, RevConfused wrote:
Mick very kindly sent me a copy of this when I purchased some books from him (and I can only say he is a very trustworthy and honest trader).
The principle is presented in a nice glossy booklet and you receive the gaffs to perform one of the tricks specifically.

The effect is a nice, casual "move" that will throw people off 99.9% of the time.

9/10 from me.

Thank you very much indeed for the kind words sir. Pleased you're happy with the product and the contents. I look forward to hearing/reading any ideas you come up with for SDP.

Best wishes

Mick

mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Good news for anybody interested in this (it did fly right under the radar upon release) I have 4 copies which were hidden among Mr Murrays MINDFX stock that came back from Blackpool.

You can order direct using the links below, be sure to include your full delivery address in the notes.

There are only 13 copies left.

£25 inc postage to mainland UK: www.paypal.me/mickwilson/25

£30 inc postage outside UK: www.paypal.me/mickwilson/30

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5013 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Have to agree I bought this from Mick a couple of years back and it’s a great utility that’s gone under the radar .
I have fooled everyone with Micks principle 👍👍 Gaz
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

A copy n paste fail there on my behalf. 4 copies left and then a matter of sentences later, there’s 13. Oops, sorry about that, there only 4 copies of the current run left, just for clarity.

mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Have to agree I bought this from Mick a couple of years back and it’s a great utility that’s gone under the radar .
I have fooled everyone with Micks principle 👍👍 Gaz

Thank you very much indeed Gary.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SDP by Mick Wilson (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL