The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Update on the "Routined Manipulations" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
There are currently 263 members of the closed facebook group
Routined Manipulations

If you have applied to join the group but haven't been approved or heard from me or any of the other members, please send me--Amado Narvaez--a facebook private message telling me a little about yourself. There are currently 26 requests pending to join the group, but when I check the facebook pages of those 26 people asking to join, I don't see any information confirming that they are magicians. Sometimes I send them a private facebook message asking things like:
—What magic organizations do you currently belong to?
—What magic books or instructional magic videos have you read or learned from?
—What mentors have you had?
—What facebook friends do you have who are also magicians?
—What areas of magic you specialize in?

I also check the friends list of any applicants to see if they have any other magic friends whose names I would recognize or to see if they have any photos or videos on their page that show that they are magicians. I also check The Magic Café to see if they are members here.

On the Routined Manipultations page we discuss aspects of magic and manipulation techniques that we don't want lay people to stumble upon, so we are careful about approving any requests to join. Anyone who is a member of The Magic Café is probably a serious student of magic, so if I search the Café and find that they are members who contribute to discussions on the Café, I click the approve button.

So again--if anyone reading this message has applied to join the Routined Manipulations facebook page and has not been approved yet, please contact me--Amado Narvaez--on facebook and tell me a little about your background in magic. As long as you are truly interested in learning Finger/Stage Manipulation--whether you are a beginning magician, a part-time pro, or a FISM prize winner--you would be welcome in the group.

BTW, there are three people named "Amado Narvaez" on facebook. I'm the one whose "About" page says:
Former Order of Merlin Excalibur at International Brotherhood of Magicians
Past: Montgomery Knolls Elementary School and Bayside High School (Virginia)

Magical regards,
Amado Narvaez
Illustrator of
_The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley_
_Impossibilia_ by John Bannon
_Tricky Stuff_ by Roger Sherman
_Ultimate Three Card Monte_ by Michael Skinner
_M.I.N.T.: Marlo in The New TOPS_ by Ed Marlo
----- Sonny Narvaez
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Sonny...

When I bought a new computer, last fall, "they" asked for my password. I can't remember it. They won't let me back on.

PM me your P.O. address. I found something that I want to send to you.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Love this Facebook page. Sonny does a great job as moderator. We have a great group of people from around the world.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Update on the "Routined Manipulations" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL