The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Learning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
All right, I have been interested in escapology for many years and now have decided to try to add a straight jacket escape to my act.

Where can I go to learn this? To purchase a good straight jacket? Also, I do know that the Master of Escape was in excellent physical shape, I am short and chubby, will this prevent any danger to straight jacket work? Any other questions I am too ignorant to know that I should ask?

Thanks.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Paddy your right in the same town as my uncle. I don't see why you couldn't do a SJ escape but please read the other posts about it to. Some people have been having troubles with their shoulders. As to where to get one the first time I got mine was from a medical supply store.

Don
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hey Peter,

Being short and chubby is the best escape artist to be as it "breaks the mould" I'm short and fat and though in some cases I've had to alter my methods to obtain release there is NO escape you can not do.

Keep your arms positioned above the "pudge" or if you are put in the SJ real tight you have the stomach as a slight added obstacle.

Good Luck and if I can be of more assistance please let me know.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
My first jacket was from Davenports here in the UK. A simple construction, made of canvas with leather straps. A nice easy jacket to break you in.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
fantom
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of fantom
There are two places I have found online to get SJ's one is escapology1.com . They sell both gimmicked and ungimmicked. Or you can go to pxdirect.com . They sell restraints for hospitals, jails, and prisons.
I hope this info is useful to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Learning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL