The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic and Such Special this Month (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LarryD
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of LarryD
I am very intrigued by the "At The Table" videos which Magic and Such has on special this month. With so many videos available, and having a limited budget, I'm wondering if members of The Magic Café can suggest which ones might be the most useful for someone who is not very good at sleight of hand.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3399 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
The 1st go-around I ordered Darwin Ortiz, Jason England, Greg Wilson, Jason Ladanye and Jon Armstrong.

The 2nd order is for Rocco, Karl Hein, Woody Aragon, Joshua Jay and (Oh -oh! Old guy brain f*rt!) No wait, it was another old guy...Martin Lewis.

Everyone on the 1st 5 DVD's were clear and concise with their routine instructions...there was nothing that was really knuckle-busting.

I was not really expecting what is contained on these, but I am pleasantly pleased.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
John Carney has a good Lecture on sleight of hand, including some card and coin stuff. He states that you should listen to all aspects of his lecture (i.e., even the card parts if you are not interested in cards) as he binds certain concepts with them. (Link below)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4719 -> [John Carney's Penguin Live Lecture]

David Stone also does cool coin stuff, but I'm not sure if he has a Penguin Lecture, however he does have other dvds.

I'm not sure of your budget or how many lectures you plan on watching, but there is an All Access pass you can buy, and watch as many lectures a month as you'd like. Alternatively you can also buy "packages" or "seasons" with multiple lectures for a deal price.

I would research what performers you are interested in/ you like, and look into their lectures.
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic and Such Special this Month (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL