The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Combined jacket and trousers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
elaine23
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of elaine23
Sorry to bother again. Posted about six months ago about the possibility of constructing an escape consisting of a jacket combined with trousers and hood. Rigged up a rather poor canvas sack which coupled to the SJ but no luck with a hood. However been pointed out a number of times that sometimes the gap between the top and bottom opens up which rather spoils the effect. Also the binding straps on the legs are not well positioned. Given my body shape as well it would be best if it were possible to get an all-in-one device. I've never seen such a thing -- any suggestions of anyone I could contact who might know?
LSJ
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of LSJ
Here is something like you might be looking for-called a "punishment suit" performed by Dean Gunnerson-but without the hood-but I don't know where and/or how about getting one.

http://www.alwaysescaping.com/Venezuela.html
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The answer is Click Here!
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
elaine23
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of elaine23
Still trying to get hold of a combined SJ and trouser arrangement. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could go about finding one from? Am scheduled to do a number of escapes in the coming few months and was really hoping to have a suit-type routine practised. But everything is on hold for the moment.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
You could try Humane Restraint and see if they'll make something up for you. They've been pretty good to me in the past. Other than that I suggest following KSD's link and maybe contacting a few of the folks found there.

Roslyn

You might also like to try contacting Tanner JNPTAN@aol.com on an earlier couple of threads it was said that he sold the punishment suit to Gunnerson and that he still has some stuff that he is selling on Ebay from time to time. He may have something left, or may know where to get one from.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
It's a shame Fetters of London seems to have vanished. They made this sort of thing. I also agree that Humane Restraint Co. might be able to make a custom restraint suit.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Why not try Max Cita. Don,
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I did a quick search on google and found this site http://www.fetters-leather.com is this the fetters that you are talking about Steve?

Roslyn

PS

This is an adult site.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Congratulations, Roslyn, you found them.

Fetters has traditionally covered four areas; restraints for:
Movie and stage props;
Museum exhibits;
Escape Artists;
Adult usage.
(Guess where their biggest customer base is?)

Steve
elaine23
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of elaine23
Thanks for the suggestions. Will try to follow up these leads. I'm getting the impression that if I'm going to get hold of some sort of body restraint its going to have to be specially made. That sounds expensive. I guess the alternative would be to see if I can get hold of canvas strait leggings and use them with my jacket. Are leggings made separately?
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

In all of Houdini and Hardeen's restraint/punishment suits, the 'leggings' section was nothing but a closed tube or 'sack' of canvas (like a duffel bag) that encased both legs together, and was fastened around the ankles and knees with straps. Nothing fancy.

Steve
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Roslyn
You are precious and truely an asset to this community.
:)

C
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cindi,

You are far too kind

Roslyn
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
elaine23
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of elaine23
Still no luck with getting some canvas straitleggings. Rather than a sack arrangement was hoping to find something with separate legs which could be strapped together so that the overall effect would be one of uniform straps running from my neck right down to the ankles and feet. However it looks as if I'm not going to get there. Shame...if anyone has any ideas how to possibly proceed I'd be interestd to hear. thanks
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Make it?
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Yes. You may have to design it yourself. I have never seen anything like what you're describing.

Steve
elaine23
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of elaine23
I've come to a complete block on all this and really need to start again. Can anyone suggest where I should begin (I am based in the UK). Need to find some sort of whole body canvas suit incorporating a straitjacket in which I can be securely fastened and from which I 've some hope of escape. Any ideas gratefully received
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Can you not try using some kind of Overalls. If you get it lage enough, you can tailor everything to your needs.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I have a good canvas maker who could help you, if interested PM me. South UK based.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I have never done this, so I am only thinking off the top of my head but....

There are small nylon or canvas bags used to wrap and hold tents for storage. Some are rather the shape of a human leg. Perhaps you could sew two of these to the bottom of your jacket?

Just thinking...
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Combined jacket and trousers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL