The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Tieing a knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
882 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I suck at tying knots. I use two fingers. Any direction on other methods? Thanks.
Marvelous_Mysto
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, Australia
143 Posts

Profile of Marvelous_Mysto
There are multiple methods.
I wrap the nozzle around the index and middle finger of my left hand (I'm right handed), then tuck the nozzle into the gap between the two fingers, and pull it through.
Captain Visual has a YouTube video showing his method of tying a balloon.
Cody Williams - unicaw89 - demonstrates a one handed method for tying balloons. I'm not sure if it is available on his YouTube channel, or on one of his balloon DVDs.
The Brenians - David & Shana use a different tying method - you may need to watch their videos to learn how they tie the knot.
Regards
Baz
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Dollarbill- let me know if you're still having problems. We could do a quick Skype/FB video chat if you want me to show you.
alergy
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
25 Posts

Profile of alergy
Hopefully these 2 simple ascii diagrams may help

My teenage son is useless in tying up balloons
I've shown and told him to grip the balloon (once inflated) a good 1 or 2 inches up from the nozzle

>-=============)

pinch and let out the air at that point, and proceed to tie

>----x=========)

You'll have plenty of slack to play with, and this makes it significantly easier

Like most *magical* things, it does/will become habit/knacky
You'll improve I'm sure
...not so sure about my son though...
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
882 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thank you guys. I will look at the suggestions listed here and see what I come up with. R2 if I cant figure a new method out I'll contact you if the offer still stands. Smile. It sounds like I'm doing what Marvelous Mysto is doing but I use my right fingers. I have pretty big hands and would like to have some other options of tying quicker/easier. Thank you guys for your input it is appreciated. db

Happy SuperBowl Sunday!
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Hey Dollarbill, let us know. Yes, the offer still stands!

I'd hate to see a future balloon twisting star get caught up on this. Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
882 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Ok I watched a couple of videos and seemed to learn I need to hold the balloon lower so there is more room to wrap the nozzle. I should have known that but I am always afraid that the balloon will be to soft. I seemed to search the wrong terms also: "Balloon animals" I thank you guys for the input, Smile. db
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
You are likely to have the opposite problem: If the balloon is too hard, then you're more likely to pop it. It's always good to "burp" the balloon before tying it off for this reason.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
882 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, R2D2 wrote:
You are likely to have the opposite problem: If the balloon is too hard, then you're more likely to pop it. It's always good to "burp" the balloon before tying it off for this reason.

that's what I'm trying to get around. Smile. Ha! Ill starttwistingagain soon. I had to take a break due to work. Thank you again for the help! db.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Tieing a knot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL