We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Free Effect: Visually Twisted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Just thought you guys should know that I posted a free link to a free effect on my website. Just go to http://www.outofthehat.cjb.net and go towards the bottom.

Thanks,

Ben
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5718 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Excellent. Thank you for sharing.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Guys, if you liked Visually Twisted, pick up a copy of Ben's notes. You'll find some other great stuff in their.

Not only do they contain Visually Twisted, there is also his acclaimed "Slow-motion Ungimmicked Pencil Thru Bill," which is alone worth the $10. On top of those two effects you get another four effects that lets you inside Ben's thinking.

Chris
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Really nice. Looks quite hard, butI'll give it a go, thanks for that. Smile
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Cool effect , I'll try it sometime
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Very nice thanks very much for sharing ben, I must say I enjoedy SMUBPTB when you submitted it here a while back
Very good my friend
Tom

PS what age are you Ben?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5718 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
These are young and up-coming magicians. They look forward to the much needed help, guidance and encouragement. They are willing to learn & share and are not selfish.

Hope seniors and the well experienced understand and encourage the young.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-04-04 17:22, ustaad wrote:
These are young and up-coming magicians. They look forward to the much needed help, guidance and encouragement. They are willing to learn & share and are not selfish.

Hope seniors and the well experienced understand and encourage the young.

Smile

Very good advice Ustad, unfortunately it seems that the...for lack of a better term, "older folks" don't seem to appreciate what us younger guys are doing. Maybe it's because they appreciate the classics and don't like the flashy stuff that a lot of young guys are doing. Who knows?

But all in all I think people should check this out and leave feedback, if you liked this and you liked the SMUPTB then there is no reason to NOT buy the notes unless magicians are as stingy as a I figured Smile

Chris
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Quote:

Very good advice Ustad, unfortunately it seems that the...for lack of a better term, "older folks" don't seem to appreciate what us younger guys are doing. Maybe it's because they appreciate the classics and don't like the flashy stuff that a lot of young guys are doing. Who knows?

But all in all I think people should check this out and leave feedback, if you liked this and you liked the SMUPTB then there is no reason to NOT buy the notes unless magicians are as stingy as a I figured Smile

Chris

I can see your point, but just because someone doesn't buy the lecture notes doesn't mean they're stingy. If he puts up a free effect that's fine, but nobody should feel obligated to buy notes if, say, they don't particularly like the style of effect.
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Very true, but how often do magicians skim over something simply because someone is selling it, but once the words FREE come into the picture they jump at it.

Which explains why this thread has had 400 views and 11 replies...

Chris
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
[/quote]

Chris
[/quote]

Flashy stuff, like Vernon's "Slow motion vanish", or Marlo's "Snap Change" or "Eidetic Change". And these men, long gone now, WERE the "Older folks"..

Don't get me wrong, Chris!
I've seen some "new guys" get their head almost bitten off (on this board) for asking good questions, and I don't want to do the same!
Keep doing your flashy stuff, just keep it MAGICAL!

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Agreed Bjorn (I wish I had that super cool O!!!) but it's been my experience when talking to older magicians, the guys that have been in the game for 25+ years want to stick to classic effects and stay away from more of the flourishy work...

BUT!!! That is a subject for a different thread!!!

Chris
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Quote:
On 2004-04-04 21:19, Chris Berry wrote:
Very true, but how often do magicians skim over something simply because someone is selling it, but once the words FREE come into the picture they jump at it.

Which explains why this thread has had 400 views and 11 replies...

Chris

And there's something wrong with this? Of course individuals are going to jump on something free! Self interest is what drives this economy.

And as far as "old folks" not liking flourishes, you might want to watch what you say before you offend someone here. There are plenty of non young magicians doing flourishes, and they've been doing them a LOT longer.
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Watch what I say? What? Didn't I also say that IT IS FOR A DIFFERENT DISCUSSION?

I also said, for lack of a better term. Old Folks implying the grumpy old magicians that sit around and whine over who created the Tilt move and other trivial matters.

This thread has gotten way off the intended purpose.

Is there something wrong with people checking if it has the word free? No, not at all. But it proves my point Smile

Chris
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Saying something is for a different discussion doesn't justify it. All I'm saying is that your comments sound as if you're stereotyping and they don't seem very respectful to other experienced magicians. I didn't know you'd get all flustered by this.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Christian I want to apologize to you.

I was trying to respond, and had a lot going on at that moment and it didn't come out how I wanted!!

Sorry man!!

Anywho, I do realize what I said can be misconstrued (and it seems a lot of magicians like to do that!! lol).

Again, apologies, sorry buddy!

Chris
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Hey no problem man. Sorry I seemed so hostile. I just didn't want other guys to get offended or anything.

-Christian
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Visual doesn't automatically mean stronger, better or more magical. Visually Twisted suffers from overhandling, risky sleights, noise problems and bad angles. Typical session stuff. Sorry, but you have asked for opinons...
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I hope if nothing more you at least get two decent color changes out of the routine. Noise problems like I said can be corrected with practice. Risky sleights, Where? and Bad angles, yes, but I present it as a behind the scenes look, getting to view the magic from behind, rather then from the front where you usually see it.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Free Effect: Visually Twisted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL