The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Remote controlled candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Anyone out there know of where this is available? I know the guys who marketed the "Lizzie Borden" Seance will build one for you...for a price. But would be interested in purchasing a model that works every time. Any hints?
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
If you can get in contact with Juan Mayol form spain he makes one. Very well made and will work everytime. He came out to Australia last year and "Taylors Magic Shop" here in Australia still stock his effects.

http://www.taylorsmagicshop.com

Contact Sean Taylor from the above site and I'm sure he can help you out. I pretty sure he has one left.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thank you very much for the information! I will contact them right away.
Best to you,
wkitwizard
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I marketed a giant remote controlled candlabra that hosted 8 candles with the arms sprialing down around the shaft of the unit.

It stood about 7 feet tall, and fully collapsable. It was called Sudden Fire. Was advertised in Genii magazine back in the early 90's.

With a remote in your pocket you could control all of the candles. They could light in any sequence, one a time, two at time, etc., or all at once. But here was the kicker you could then hand out the candles and give them away for spectators to keep!! It sold for around $1200.00 usd back then.

Currently discontinued but will make it's presence once again in the future with some added twists.

I used 2 of them on either side of my stage as part of my finale for my 'Extreme illusions of Fire' segmant of my show.

You could also do effects, such as having a spectator call out a number from 1-8 and that candle would light, or do a seance effect, etc., very visual!

The only problem we had with our unit is that even though the unit was remote controlled, we needed 120 volts to run the main candleabra and it had to be plugged in to a power source and only worked with voltage systems in certain parts of the world. Also you needed a mat to place under the candlabra to hide the one power cord. The remote that was hidden inside your jacket or pants was also a little bulky.

If we remake the illusion we will obviously fix these problems. However with the costs of the electronic componets these days and the new design of the candlabra the price of the unit will be more money than the original model.

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1529 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I was just looking at Eugene Poinc's website yesterday and he gives a simple method for making one. Might be worth a look.

Rick

BTW, here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/magos/poinc/trick25.html

The only thing that I changed from Eugene's design is that I ran a very small guage brass tube through the center and the wick runs through that. It not only makes it more smooth, but it also keeps the wax from melting over the wick and causing it to "hang up".

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
I tried to access that site, but was refused. I need a password
thanks
wkitwizard
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
388 Posts

Profile of Seance
The site is part of The Learned Pig, a website set up by Marcos, who is a magician in Panama. You'll need to apply for the login and password at The Learned Pig. It may take some time since Marcos does work and will email you when he can.
"Even the dead tell stories."
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
I've applied at the Learned Pig three times in the last six months, and STILL haven't gotten a reply. So Seance is not exaggerating when he says it may take some time.

I received the Lizzie Borden Seance two days ago, and they provide instructions on how to make that candle. It looked reasonably reliable. What have you heard to the contrary?
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Unfortunately, I'm not one of those "handy" types around the house. I'd much rather pay someone to get it right the first time. So, I look forward to someone out there willing to sell me the right candle, and I'll pay for their efforts. By the way, the Mayol candle runs around $500 for the outfit.
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Cogliostro,tell us more. Is the book good, is it doable, is it worth the money?
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1892 Posts

Profile of chmara
Not trying (OK so I am trying) to prevent Cogliostro from telling you more -- but as one who has been using the Borden Seance manuscripts to build my own variations -- those seeking furhter information on these reliable and easy to build props probably should spend the nominal price of the scri[ptg and properties book -- (Hocus-Pocus.Com has it) or contect Bruce Celvert aboputg them.

I am not usually handy -- but these plans make it SIMPLE, direct and reliable. Nuff Said.

GC
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
I have the Borden manuscripts and all the details of the setup and wiring, etc. Would that my electical skills were that easy. Hence, the volume of products that line the shelves of magic dealers across the world that ultimately enable the handy-handicapped.
kw
RevlakMagic
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of RevlakMagic
Hello all,
As the one who wrote the Lizzie Borden Seance Portfolio as well as the one who performed at all the seances, I will attest to the fact that the candle worked at every performance.

The great thing about the candle is the fact that there was no time limit. The candle could be lit for as long as you wanted and when it needed to be extinguised, it did right on cue.

We have had so many requests about building these candles that we are seriously considering marketing them and will probably do it during the summer.

Information about the Lizzie Borden Seance Portfolio is available at:

http://www.tophatprod.com/magic

Bruce Kalver
Author of the Lizzie Borden Seance Portfolio
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
That's good enough for me.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
Bruce,

I've stared the drawing for the self-extinguishing candle, and have to ask, is there really no time limit? Maybe I just haven't played with hot wax enough, but I keep thinking that there would be a timeframe during which the candle would have to be snuffed out.

Just thought I'd ask before I started to build one of my own.

- Rob

(Actually it's parafin and not wax, but that doesn't sound nearly as funny.)
justforeffect
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, UK
153 Posts

Profile of justforeffect
I seem to remember a method for this in Corinda's 13 steps.
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
There is a method in Corrinda's 13 Steps. I was just perusing this last night and it seems simple enough.
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
It is on page 283 in Corrinda's 13 steps.

GM
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Johannesburg, South Africa
436 Posts

Profile of scolman
I don't think anyone has mentioned Rick Haslett yet.He has a remote controlled candle that looks very good. The link is is:
http://005666f.netsolhost.com/p67.html
I am not sure is this can be both ignited and extinguished the video clip shows it going out as well - not sure which effect you are looking for.

Rick has other awesome seance type effects in his store too - there is a thicker version of the candle as well.

Simon
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
This has been discussed on this site or was it geniimagazine.com. It includes expensive and absolutely inexpensive methods. Maybe if this shifts to the secrets section I could add some things/new touches.
Check out the fire magic section on this Café.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Remote controlled candle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL