The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch & Soda finale ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Scotch & soda comes with an extra Centavo.
After the routine, I usually ask the spectator to look under a napkin or glass or whatever is available for a final reveal of the disappeared Centavo.
This is planted before I start the routine.
Does anyone have any creative ideas for a final reveal of the Centavo?

Thanks
Ihor
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Similar to Mark Mason's Miracle Chip, have a spectator select or think of a card earlier in your routine, control that card in the middle of the deck and slip the Centavo on top of the card just as you place the deck in its card box. Next you reveal the Centavo has vanished. Fail to find the Centavo where you claim to think it was, scratch your head and play the "magician in trouble" to the hilt. (What Gerald Deutsch refers to as "Perverse Magic"). Then decide to skip the rest of the coin trick and finish the card trick instead. Remove the card deck from its box and reveal their card... directly under the suddenly found Centavo!

Think that - or some variation that fits your own personality better - will work for your finale?

HTH!

Jim
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Thanks Jim,
That sounds god. It also gave me other ideas
Ihor
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is a DVD, 25 Amazing Magic Tricks with a Scotch and Soda.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4429
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Here is a DVD, 25 Amazing Magic Tricks with a Scotch and Soda.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4429

I have that DVD and watched it. A member was selling them at my local SAM meeting for $1

I'm looking for fresh ideas.
Ihor
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Here is the basis for the S&S routine that I created:

I start by telling the audience that I have been a magician for 40 years, and that I tend to collect a lot of things. A couple of jokes about me being a packrat. Then I tell them that one of the things I collect are coins. I take the half dollar and bang ring out of the little black velvet bag, then place the bag in a very visible spot and I do not touch it again. Some byplay about coins being a miniature art gallery & the ring being a means of putting them on display. I show both sides of the half again, this time while the coin is in the ring. Place the ring/coin into the center of the outstretched fingers. <press release coin>, Lift the half and ring as one to reveal the 10 yen coin with the dragon on it. As I show the coins, I perform "a bold move" (1 Ken Simmons. Scotch and Soda, Part 2. Paramount, CA: Magic City
Pub.1986.) to show both sides of both coins. Tell the audience that the only problem with collecting coins is that they ARE money, and like any form of money, the coins tend to vanish. <reveal that only the half dollar remaining in your hand> "That is why I always keep them in a little velvet bag."

Note:
The best effect is having someone else dump out the contents of the bag at the end! This allows them to examine the coin without being told to do so. To not again touch the bag until it is handed back to you by an audience member makes for a very powerful effect.
Different approach, great reactions!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch & Soda finale ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL