The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » An Old English Sheepdog from Hong Kong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

They said truth is stranger than fiction and when I share this story with you ...you'll see why in this particular case.

In the past I've posted here about working with dogs and currently training my Old English Sheepdog, Merlin to some day appear on stage with me.It involves a lot of daily socialization and obedience training which keeps me busy several hours a day. (Shaggy, was another one of my dogs and is in my Avatar but sadly passed away aprox 3 wks ago) Back to the story.

I've adopted many animals in the past from shelters and rehabilitate them and each has turned out to be a wonderful pet. I heard the story of a wonderful Old English Sheepdog which is currently being abused due to an unsavory breeder in Hong Kong. I said I wished I could help. Next thing I knew I was contacted by two lawyers in Hong Kong whom took me to my word. They have agreed to purchase the dog and ship him anywhere in the world and deal with all the legalities of sending the dog to me. See truth is stranger than fiction. I'll be getting my new dog in late April or early May!! The process is rather complicated and involved people from over 5 different countries almost like a Pony Express network!!

It will require a lot of work but I was willing to step up and although this one may not be suitable for shows I'm looking forward to his arrival.

Chrystal
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5120 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Good for you Chrystal. It's a shame everyone isn't as considerate of animals as you. Lot's of luck with your new found friend.
Where the magic begins
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thanks Dave! Just recieved several phonecalls from Hong Kong and seems more people have jumped on the bandwagon as the expression goes. I'll be recieving this dog this coming SATURDAY!!! It seems someone was flying from Hong Kong to my city and volunteered to accompany the dog. Hopefully all the documentations are in order for transcontinent crossing and I'll cross my fingers and keep you updated.

Sadly there are many dogs like this and this particular one just happened to be lucky to have a lot of caring people trying to help him out. I'm glad that most members on this forum have repeatedly stated that animals are not props but living breathing creatures and a responsible owner would take care of it for the rest of it's life.Whether it's a dog, rabbit, cat, etc.. That's not always the case as sadly the shelters are filled with "disposable animals".

There's some wonderful animals at the local shelters and for those of you searching perhaps check there next time for you next pet.

Chrystal
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Chrystal!

Lucy and I are saddened to hear of Shaggy's death. You had warned us before of his problems. Likewise, we are very pleased to hear of your good fortune on the other side of the world. Raising money for animal shelters is one of our projects we support with magic. As you know, we live on the Ark!

Your find reminded me of another source of very good animals. The research and development sections of the larger international pet food companies use very fine animals in pet food research. They take good care of these animals but get over stocked at times. Young dogs are especially one of those categories where they are young healthy and available to good homes. The price is right! Free! Especially for pure bred animals, they are always worth a call or letter.

Good luck with your new buddy!

Bob and Lucy
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » An Old English Sheepdog from Hong Kong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL