The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ice Qube by Kieron Johnson & Mark Traversoni (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, MrBadGuy wrote:
How readily available and cheap is the consumable part? Is it something I'll be able to get from somewhere other than a magic shop?

Yes there available for a few dollars any where in the world. The machined part should last for ever.

Hope that helps

K
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
How good is this,worth every penny.the only problem I'm having is the cubes are coming out crystal clear.im using water straight from the tap,maybe its low in minerals,anyone know of an easy solution to make them cloudy.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Bondi wrote:
How good is this,worth every penny.the only problem I'm having is the cubes are coming out crystal clear.im using water straight from the tap,maybe its low in minerals,anyone know of an easy solution.

Do you have any sort of filtration system in place?

It does seem like there are MANY articles about how to make clear ice, and it's just presumed that you will get cloudy ice if you don't do certain things.

Even a search on

how to make cloudy ice

returns examples of making soft, chewy ice and clear ice.

The only real suggestion I've seen (I haven't done a lot of research) is to try using carbonated water.
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Haven't got no filtration system.i was also thinking about carbonated water,I think it's a case of experimenting.thanks barts185
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This looks really nice. I'm wondering about the consumable part: If the ice cube is placed in a glass of water, would it make the water toxic? Not that someone would want to drink from this glass, but I'm just wondering if someone took a sip by mistake.

kj
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
No, it wouldnt make the water toxic,but for hygiene reasons,I would advise not using that method,there are better reveals
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
What would you suggest that does not involve a hammer or a knife?
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 20, 2017, 1KJ wrote:
What would you suggest that does not involve a hammer or a knife?

Hi my advice is if you do not want to use a hammer or knife use a glass of water.

If your doing this on a top table you could take a glass or when I work tables there are normally a glass free there. The ice looks beautiful when melted in the water.

I never use there drink.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Kieron
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Bondi wrote:
How good is this,worth every penny.the only problem I'm having is the cubes are coming out crystal clear.im using water straight from the tap,maybe its low in minerals,anyone know of an easy solution to make them cloudy.

Maybe your using hot water? I'm not sure but I heard that if you use hot water, you get clear ice cubes..

Sleepy
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Hi sleepy,yes the water has been cold,the water in Cornwall must have less impurities.ive tried carbonated water that comes out grainy and not very solid.I'm trying rain water.had a good look online but it's all about making clear not cloudy ice will post results.
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Success,tried cheap still mineral water and got a cloudier ice cube which looks good.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2017, Bondi wrote:
Success,tried cheap still mineral water and got a cloudier ice cube which looks good.

I'm glad you have it sorted now.

We have set up a Facebook group to discuss the effect and new ideas.

I have just added the clear water issue and there are a couple of other tips as well.

To join the group you must email Saturn Magic with your tutorial password and then request to join the group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/IceQube/
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
If you don't have Facebook access you can go to the bonus page on our website which will have any of the discussion ideas we like listed as well.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/iceqube.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Got this yesterday. What an incredible concept and overall great effect. Can't wait to use it in a show. Surely a winner, unlike many of the highly touted magic that we are bombarded with every day. Not at all difficult to set up and actually use. It will not sit in your closet if you perform on a regular basis.

Arthur
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
My only problem with this is that, like all of the magic videos , there is no captioning for those of us with hearing impairment. This is especially daunting if the presenter has a dialect that is not always easy to understand. Certainly not the fault of the presenters as this is very well covered. Just a pet peeve of mine as I miss a great deal of instruction due to my inability to understand all of the words. This is why I am glad that we have the Café as well as the special page in Facebook.

Arthur
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, Martello wrote:
My only problem with this is that, like all of the magic videos , there is no captioning for those of us with hearing impairment. This is especially daunting if the presenter has a dialect that is not always easy to understand. Certainly not the fault of the presenters as this is very well covered. Just a pet peeve of mine as I miss a great deal of instruction due to my inability to understand all of the words. This is why I am glad that we have the Café as well as the special page in Facebook.

Arthur

Hi Arthur thanks glad you like it. What can me and mark do to help you would you like whritten instructions or I can come on Skype and run through with you.

I will speak to mark and see if this is something we can do for future release as we want to support all magicians.

Kind regards

Kieron
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, kieronthemighty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, Martello wrote:

Arthur

Hi Arthur thanks glad you like it. What can me and mark do to help you would you like whritten instructions or I can come on Skype and run through with you.

I will speak to mark and see if this is something we can do for future release as we want to support all magicians.

Kind regards

Kieron

That is so kind of you Kieron. I don't think that all of that is necessary. I am sure that through the Facebook group that I will find out lots of things that I may have missed. I totally understand the
basics and have already tried the ice with the gimmick. Works like a charm! The good part of the DVD is that you covered so much and that was all visually clear, I think that some of the dialogue was unclear to me here and there, but I feel that I learned enough to be able to do this well. I don't expect videos to be captioned as I'm sure it costs a lot to do that and may be annoying to others (that's why they have closed captioning on TV). I personally can't even watch tv without the captions, so the addition of a British dialog or anything different from standard Mid Western national news voices, makes it hard to understand. I really appreciate your desire yo help and will reach out if I need you. I really think that you did a superb job with this and think that you could have asked for more. I have received a lot less for more money than this. The price is way under what many magicians charge for something like this. Not only the materials, but the thought that went into it in developing a great secret. Honestly, there are magicians that would charge at least $150 for this and get it. I am totally satisfied with this purchase despite the captioning thing. Thank you so much for your magic. It won't sit in a drawer.
My best
Arthur
Not Steve Brooks
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Not Steve Brooks
I hesitate to say anything nice about Ice Qube because the fewer magicians that perform it the better, but Ice Qube is brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. It is the best trick I've bought in the past 15 years. It's so simple, but from a spectator's standpoint, it's absolutely impossible - there simply is no explanation for it. You can really show the ice on ALL SIDES. I even let the spectators hold the ice before they break it open! Ice Qube is a reputation maker. Kieron and Mark like to perform a trick between the signing of the coin (or borrowing of the ring) and the production of the ice, but I like to produce the ice cube immediately after borrowing and vanishing the coin, as I think it makes the effect much stronger. I use the Vanishing Ring from SansMinds to vanish the coin (another brilliant trick). In any case, this is a trick I will be performing often, and forever. If you like what you see on the trailer, you will not be disappointed. It's the trick they will talk about long after you are gone. My only complaint is that they didn't include the hammer - it took me a little while to find the right size hammer. Other than that, I couldn't be happier! Thanks Kieron and Mark. I really hope you don't sell very many.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
I have just got it... the effect is very good but there are few con...

- The ice cube cannot be given for an inspection to the spectator

- The preparation is quite longer

- You have to know exactly how many performance you would like to do

- It will last 6 hours, maybe, buying a specific extra bag, it not something you could keep on you for all this time

- You need to have at least a blazer to perform it in close up

- Not so easy to take around

Beside all that, I find the effect very nice but I do not think to use it.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
It would be nice if we Iceolation owners could be part of the discussion about clear ice, etc.
I am a member of the Iceolation Facebook group and I will post this request there also.
We're using ice too, right? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ice Qube by Kieron Johnson & Mark Traversoni (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL