We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Lynxes and Ladies (David Roth's Purse and Glass) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2928 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I don't think I ever posted this take here. It's from my preparation for performance of David Roth's Purse and Glass at the WMS 33 Close-Up Competition back in 2010. I posted it in a couple other places at the time and it received mixed extreme reviews, ie. one lady really liked it and one gentleman was terribly bored by it- it didn't move quickly enough for him. It may be a little slow going and the camera's mic doesn't like my "s"s, apparently, but I've heard some great advice about "slowing down" in my day and I think it allows a spectator who's unfamiliar with the routine to absorb it. I think I may have picked up the pace for the actual performance- there's video of that somewhere. Smile I have another take on youtube, I think. Anyway, FWIW:

https://www.facebook.com/magicalaurie/vi......95225622

edit- I did pick up the pace- here's the follow-up take from YouTube, posted a few weeks later:

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2928 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
In a true close-up situation you'd be able to see the "lynxes and ladies". These are Canadian coins. Here are a couple of pics for your reference- they're positioned vertically on the left here:

and alongside the left lion here:

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2928 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Some bits from Vegas WMS 33 here:

pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
97 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
Nice video, I really enjoyed it
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2928 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you. Smile
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Entertaining, thanks for sharing....
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2928 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks. You're welcome. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Lynxes and Ladies (David Roth's Purse and Glass) (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL