We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Real Thing!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
At the Indy escape convention last year I launched the American model #700 padlock.
This is what Shawn Ness kindly said when he received his (thanks Shawn) posted Mar 2 2003

………………………..Ian McColl’s American “Spirit” padlocks.

Something that I have always had a fondness for are his gimmicked padlocks and to be honest I did not think Ian could surpass his “Gravity Master” line, that is until now.

The American “Spirit” padlock will not be on the market until the “First Annual Indy Escape Artist Convention” April 26th and 27th. However I have been graced with the opportunity to preview this cool and very useful padlock.

Now do not let the words “Spirit Padlock” fool you. You do not have to fumble for a pin. You do not have to find the “sweet spot” on the padlock and you do not have to worry about it failing 7 out of 10 times.

American brand padlocks are known worldwide for their durability and security.

The American “Spirit” padlock is not a cheap depinned padlock. As a matter of fact, the pins are all in place and fully functional.

The American “Spirit” padlock, I would have to say, is totally examinable, both before and after use. You don’t have to worry about the audience stumbling upon its secret accidentally and it takes no special tools or picks to open……………………..

Well; as Shawn and many others will know, the lock was slightly different from the original, in that it had to be locked with the key. With the 2004 Indy show coming up, I revisited the idea and I am proud to say I have gone that little bit better.

The RT (Real Thing) is the same as Shawn says above however I have been able to make modifications of the original internal parts makes this lock so close to the production line model. With the standard rotating cam and ball locking principle, this lock differs from the “classic 700” as it can be snapped closed. Fully working cylinder. Opens and closes with the keys and should beat the best locksmiths.

Ian McColl
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Sounds good Ian, it is always a coup when someone can "one up" their own inventions to make them better.

Don't take this as a slight or anything of that nature as it is intended for good humored ribbing but do you keep milk in your fridge as long as you do posts Smile I was just telling Schwartz it's kind of creepy how long (he and others) keep stuff like that. I guess I should not talk I still have the positive comments you made about Your Fly Is Down.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Shawn, yes I feel good that I have "one upped" myself. I like to keep up to what I assume is expected of me, good quality products. With the best team at Cannon's Great Escapes making my items avaible to the world, I have to keep inventing.

As to you' 'humored ribbing',how could I be offended?
You're a funny guy. I found your post by searching here through the Café's neat search engine. I remembered your nice comments and posted them as it saved me typing.

all the best

Ian
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
What a wanker...enough said....LOL

We're gonna miss you Ian at the convention next month. We look forward to seeing some of your new work.

Zeus says hi,
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kevin, I am laughing hard, I didn't think the Café would allow such a verb! ( aussie slang probably has them thinking)

Please tell Kristen you can get Tim Tam ice cream now.
give Zeus a cookie for me.
Ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Real Thing!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL