The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello - P.A.T.H.S. (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
No problem, Sleepy! I'm curious, do you already own The Prodigal, or are you trying to choose between the two?

While you can still purchase P.A.T.H.S. directly from myself, this project is now available on Penguin Magic, E-Mentalism, Mentalism Center, and Lybrary.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8039

https://e-mentalism.com/collections/newp......tt-mello

http://pathsmentalism.blogspot.com

http://www.lybrary.com/paths-p-899638.html
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2017, matthewmello wrote:
No problem, Sleepy! I'm curious, do you already own The Prodigal, or are you trying to choose between the two?

While you can still purchase P.A.T.H.S. directly from myself, this project is now available on Penguin Magic, E-Mentalism, Mentalism Center, and Lybrary.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8039

https://e-mentalism.com/collections/newp......tt-mello

http://www.lybrary.com/paths-p-899638.html

I don't own the prodigal but I own atlas' penguin lecture that contained some of his anagram work. Although the anagrams were great, it still felt like a guessing game.

I just want to be able to do anagrams without people thinking I'm guessing, and I think this is the answer. I don't think the prodigal would suit my needs.

Sleepy
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I can understand your point of view. I can't be certain, but P.A.T.H.S. may be one of the first approaches to this work where there's nothing within the presentation that would be perceived as a guess.

If we ask about something, the participant knows exactly why we're asking about it, and the reason makes logical sense to them within the framework of the demonstration. And yet, it's still incredibly fooling, and if anything, it should seem MORE impossible to the participant than a typical P.A. presentation.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I have just skimmed through the first few pages of Matt's "P.A.T.H.S" and all I can say is that I had a huge smile on my face. I haven't even finished it yet, but the logic behind the core "principle/concept" is genius. I have always, like many of you I am sure, felt that the use of ana****s more often than not, CAN sound like a game of 20 questions.... an impression that left me sour on other systems. Again, this is not a review necessarily because I haven't even finished reading the pdf, let alone worked the principle in person yet; however, with that said, it is really a lovely way of looking at this. Matt basically gives a framework that is honest and genuinely invites the spec to become involved in the process so that every step of the way makes sense, and is justified, all the while while getting what you need.

I am quite excited about this Smile

More to come

-Eli
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2017, matthewmello wrote:
I can understand your point of view. I can't be certain, but P.A.T.H.S. may be one of the first approaches to this work where there's nothing within the presentation that would be perceived as a guess.

If we ask about something, the participant knows exactly why we're asking about it, and the reason makes logical sense to them within the framework of the demonstration. And yet, it's still incredibly fooling, and if anything, it should seem MORE impossible to the participant than a typical P.A. presentation.

Thanks for the info Matt!! In Madison's video review he mentions in one of the paths that the spectator calls stop at a letter in the alphabet that is in their word and you can then proceed to tell them the word. He then says that their is also a way of doing the same but the spectator doesn't have to say anything verbally. Is the latter taught in the download? Or is it just Madison's own take?

And just to,be a bit more clear, all the paths are different presentations right?

Regardless, I'll definitely be buying this sometime next week when I have the dollars! Lol.

Thanks

Sleepy
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for the feedback, Eli! Just wait until you get to the P.A.s following the "Anagram Architecture" chapter. They're so simple, but extremely powerful! I'd love to hear what you think when you've had a chance to process everything.

Sleepy, Madison was referring to "Path III", and all is explained in the manuscript.

Where "Path I" and "Path II" are more presentational shifts which can be applied to any anagram, "Path III" is a way to build an entirely new type of anagram.

The "Path III" design was my attempt to remove the need to ask questions. But it does have some limitations that the other paths don't have, regarding the groups of items you might be able to use. For instance, you could apply "Path I" or "Path II" to Atlas' Superhero anagram, but you wouldn't be able to apply "Path III" to it.

I typically use "Path III" with playing cards, where a spectator is given a chunk of cards, randomly thinks of one, and I'm able to discover which card they've mentally selected from the group. You could also have two or three people mentally select a card from the group, and you can identify what each person is thinking of.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, matthewmello wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, Eli! Just wait until you get to the P.A.s following the "Anagram Architecture" chapter. They're so simple, but extremely powerful! I'd love to hear what you think when you've had a chance to process everything.

Sleepy, Madison was referring to "Path III", and all is explained in the manuscript.

Where "Path I" and "Path II" are more presentational shifts which can be applied to any anagram, "Path III" is a way to build an entirely new type of anagram.

The "Path III" design was my attempt to remove the need to ask questions. But it does have some limitations that the other paths don't have, regarding the groups of items you might be able to use. For instance, you could apply "Path I" or "Path II" to Atlas' Superhero anagram, but you wouldn't be able to apply "Path III" to it.

I typically use "Path III" with playing cards, where a spectator is given a chunk of cards, randomly thinks of one, and I'm able to discover which card they've mentally selected from the group. You could also have two or three people mentally select a card from the group, and you can identify what each person is thinking of.

Ahh okay😁 thanks for all the help you have given me, matt!!

Sleepy
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I've decided to create a facebook group for P.A.T.H.S. so that we can discuss the concepts in greater detail. You will find another version of Triangulation 2.0 that I just added to the group!

If you haven't purchased P.A.T.H.S. directly from myself, please provide a proof of purchase with your request to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525958020778212/

I look forward to seeing what additions you guys may have to share!
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
I love P.A.T.H.S very much, I only had 3 anagrams I used all the time in the past now with P.A.T.H.S I use 3 more a total of 6 anagrams in mind Smile , and the way the anagrams are presented/ performed is beautiful._. Thank you Matt
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for your comments, Jay! That's awesome that you've committed 3 of my anagrams to memory. It's always great to see people who are willing to put in a little bit of effort to produce what I feel are true works of mentalism. Which P.A.s did you decide on, if I may ask?
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
In P.A.T.H.S I decided on Player 1 and 2, Alphagram, Triangulation.._ Smile
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Those are definitely some strong choices you've made, Jay! Smile

And I'm curious, would anyone be interested in seeing a demo video made up only of reaction shots? I obviously can't show the full performance without giving away my presentation and approach, but the reactions would at least demonstrate how powerful and deceptive this work can be for the participant.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, matthewmello wrote:
Those are definitely some strong choices you've made, Jay! Smile

And I'm curious, would anyone be interested in seeing a demo video made up only of reaction shots? I obviously can't show the full performance without giving away my presentation and approach, but the reactions would at least demonstrate how powerful and deceptive this work can be for the participant.

Yes that would be very helpful!

I actually bought this today and after only reading the path 1 and path 2... I'll be honest... I didn't like it... To me it still felt like "process of elimination" and it didn't rule out the guessing... I don't know why ....I haven't tried these out but hopefully when I do I'll report back on what it was like...

Sleepy
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of FJR
This is really excellent.
Sure, some *might* still suspect the method, but Matt's thinking has made it as invisible as it can possibly be. If it's done right, and acted well, I think the vast majority won't suspect a thing but pure mind-reading.
I was so inspired that I went and created my own effect (after much trial and error) using the names of 31 different Philosophers (I teach Philosophy) and a put in a method of cutting out half of them without saying a thing from the get go, and another two slightly awkward ones as well, before we begin. I'll be trialling it this week and will report back.
Thanks again to Matt for the excellent thinking.
Best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I dunno, it still feels like guessing to me even with the presentation. I will still obviously go ahead and perform this just to see how well it plays!

Sleepy
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
I dunno, it still feels like guessing to me even with the presentation. I will still obviously go ahead and perform this just to see how well it plays!

Sleepy

Hmmm I find it strange that you feel this way. If you act it well and truly pretend to do what you say you're doing, nothing should feel like guessing! Smile

Madison
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I just got a sneak peek at an updated copy of this where Matt has added 2 new PATHS!

Both of these new paths take it up to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Imagine telling your spectator they can either be a liar or a truth teller as they answer the anagram questions!

Or they can simply imagine a "no" and a "yes" button in the air in any configuration they want and simply "press" the button with their eyes.

This just goes to show Matt's brilliance. He came up with a very simple, effective, and 100% invisible way to know all the info necessary to still know their words and it requires no extra process. Simply going through the anagrams gives you everything you need to know.

This really is genius. The spectator will now believe they are giving absolutely no information away. This amps up PA to a whole new level. I will be adapting this to my anagram work ASAP.

Be on the lookout! This method could easily been sold as it's own release for another $40!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
I just got a sneak peek at an updated copy of this where Matt has added 2 new PATHS!

Both of these new paths take it up to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Imagine telling your spectator they can either be a liar or a truth teller as they answer the anagram questions!

Or they can simply imagine a "no" and a "yes" button in the air in any configuration they want and simply "press" the button with their eyes.

This just goes to show Matt's brilliance. He came up with a very simple, effective, and 100% invisible way to know all the info necessary to still know their words and it requires no extra process. Simply going through the anagrams gives you everything you need to know.

This really is genius. The spectator will now believe they are giving absolutely no information away. This amps up PA to a whole new level. I will be adapting this to my anagram work ASAP.

Be on the lookout! This method could easily been sold as it's own release for another $40!

Ohhh now this looks nice! Will it be available for the users who have already bought P.A.T.H.S or is this something you have to buy additionally.

Sleepy
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hi Sleepy,

I had originally intended to include "Path IIII" and "Path V" in a separate volume, but I've decided to add them to P.A.T.H.S. as a single resource for all of my current anagram work. Everyone who purchased directly from myself will receive an email with the new concepts, and I'll be updating the PDF on Penguin, Lybrary, etc.

I will also be adding some new content to the P.A.T.H.S. Facebook group. For those who haven't joined yet, I would recommend doing so!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525958020778212/

Matt
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

I will send ASAP the great new extended version that Matt is offering to all buyers from Mentalism Center.

Matt is truly for me one of the greatest creators in Mentalism, make it realistic and powerful both in external and internal levels.

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello - P.A.T.H.S. (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL