The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAM assembly test. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kkaiser343
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of kkaiser343
So I just started doing magic again recently. I thought I would join the local SAM assembly (parent assembly #1). I went to my first meeting.. FANTASTIC lecture by Madhi Gilbert..I was told they would interview abnd test me next meeting.. Test ??? what the heck; what are they looking for? a routine, a few moves, a decent trick that requires some skill? any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Testing potential new members is not uncommon. Some assemblies, IBM also conducts tests, are more stringent than others. When I joined my last assembly many many years ago, I needed the recommendation of an existing member and to do a short (10 minute) act. After that, a vote was held to allow me to join. For the IBM ring, I didn't have to perform but was interviewed by 3 of the existing members. When I was in Michigan, I simply applied to join both SAM and IBM clubs and was admitted with no test or performance.

I would prepare several routines and bring with me to the next meeting. That way you'll be prepared if they ask you to perform. It's really not a big deal. Just be yourself and do what you do best.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAM assembly test. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL