The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Osbourne Illusions (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Paul Osborne Does it again with his new haunted book called Evil Illusions

• Torture Chest of Burhee
  • Reconstructed Man
  • Dracula Escapes
  • Head of Urus
  • Ask Clara
  • Death by Cremation
  • Switch Wall
  • Hand of the Wolf
  • The Dreadful Little Dreamhouse
  • Dracula’s Revenge
  • Ghost
  • Off With Her Head
  • Head-X
  • The Torture Screens
  • Painless Surgery
  • PunkinGal
  • Burn a Person
  • The Resurrection
  • Dr. Maymed
  • Witch’s Cauldron
  • Corpse Came C.O.D.
  • Temple of Death
  • Most Unfortunate Incident
  • Queen of the Gypsies
  • Eclipse of the Heart
  • Flaming Alter
  • Egyptana
  • Tip Casket
  • Pharaoh Returns
  • Egyptian Table of Death
  • Hand of the Pharaoh
  • Egyptia
  • Cleopatra Returns
  • Bride of the Blades.

There is also two more illusions one by Neff "Norma" and Themeing your Garage like a Egyptian haunted Museum.

If you are into Halloween Haunting or like Osborne's first book "Haunted Illusions", you will love this one.

Also Added is a make-up section by Michael Mosher.

Add in more excellent reading stuff and you have a home run for this EvilIllusions book.
Dennis Michael
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
All those illusion plans, But never a vanishing radio ???
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Whats your best illusion for kids / family Audience, I have been looking at the flying box, but I work alone ?? magicwalsh@gmail.com
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
Is there a list somewhere of all of the Osborne plans which have been published in Genii? I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Thanks.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Dennis,
I really need a "LIKE" button. wow nearly a decade to continue to follow and update a thread. probably this could b a world record for a thread to stay alive for such a period. God knows when it stops !
Thanks and congratulations.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 11:36, iugefu wrote:
Anyone ever perform Whitch Doctor revenge or seen it performed?
It was at the State Fair of Texas, last year.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
vicmalvo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of vicmalvo
Does anyone have pictures of any of the illusions in the Paul Osborne
Holiday Illusions book that they allready built, I have been Googleing
if that's a word to see some finished items. I have the book but would
like to see the finised work if possible.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Donald Dunphy posted a link to photos of his Sleigh Illusion and Chimney Illusion which were both based on Pauls plans.

Here's a thread for you to read through: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=7&17

B
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Has anyone built the Living Half Lady by PO?
I have the plans, which could be a bit more detailed.

So for anyone who has built this, could you kindly answer the following:

Say I was building this from scratch, the dimensions of the 'little room' that the action takes place ought be what?

How close can the audience be? How much further back ought they be from the lamp post and curtain? Could the room be built a bit 'deeper' allowing people to look through glass at the action? (for a shopping mall)

Thank you
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-08-25 07:04, Scotty Walsh wrote:
Is there a list somewhere of all of the Osborne plans which have been published in Genii? I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Thanks.

I downloaded all the PDF files (Pages) of Genii Osborne plans. I offer Genii the file and they said no. They prefer individuals who want it to do what I did. (Time Consuming, not all clear, but a nice collection)
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Paul Osborne Does it again with his new Kidtrix book (Props and Presentations for the childrens's performer. Kidtrix

Here is a book for every kid performer. And yes, for family entertainers as well. It is full of easy to make items and how to use items that are sitting on your shelf.

• Wristnosis: A script for your Disecto with tips
  • Giant Crayon: A modern design for Break-away Wand
  • My Pet Frog: A modern version of Hippy-Hop-Rarbits (Real Nice)
  • Ear Cleaning Machine: Head Vanish Illusion
  • Insurance: Script and new routine for the Comedy Insurance Trick
  • Magic Tables: Build your own Magic Tables. (Worth the price of the book)
  • Statospheres: Nice Script
  • Poor Man's Snake Basket: Make your own Snake Basket, with routine
  • Slingshot: How to use your Expensive Jumbo SideKick without a gun.
  • Snowmanship: Rabbit Production you can make
  • Brainscan: A Slate Trick routine
  • Skunk Hunt: A nice Production Routine you can build
  • Kid's Kup: A new approach to the chop cup
  • Cheapo Chop Cup: Cheap way to do the chop cup.
  • Mr. Lincoln's Hat: A nice educational illusion
  • Jaws! Boy you can have fun with this one. Add in Jaws Music! An Easy to Make Hand Chopper
  • Catch Up with Ketchup: Rubber Bottle trick
  • Proof Tacos: Flash Production Trick
  • Tube of Destiny: Tube with Pom-Poms
  • Train House: A nice Story telling Routine
  • Balloon Sawing: Nice Illusion with a Balloon
  • Top Ten: Tips for Performers
  • Conclusion

This belong on your shelf if you are a Kid Magician... Wait a minute. If you like Osborne Stuff then this is a must have!
Dennis Michael
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Paul Osborne just released The Illusion Paradigm.

"This book is designed for the creator, builder, performer and student of illusions. Andrew Mayne talks about creating illusions, Eric Olsen and John Uhern of EDS help you set up your own garage shop. Craig Dickens and Tim Clothier discuss building tips and Rich Hill gives you plans for a deceptive base. The builder will learn about working with aluminum, plastic laminates, plexiglass and epoxy. Craig Beytien provides tips on finishing an illusion and Taylor Reed discuses routining your show. Tim Clothier shows you how to order an illusion and gives you plans for an all new, never-before-seen illusion. These are the superstars of illusion building and performing with invaluable tips for anybody interested in illusions: Paul Osborne, Craig Dickens, Taylor Reed, Tim Clothier, Eric Olsen, John Uhern, Bruce Chdwick, Andrew Mayne, Craig Beytien, Rich Hill, Brad Holden and Thom Rubino."

This looks like another good book with some great resources. I know there was a copy of an email from Paul Osborne floating around the forum about him working on Illusion Systems book 5, and I think this is it. This is going on my Christmas list.
Rodney
View Profile
New user
Texas
40 Posts

Profile of Rodney
If you're new to building illusions and you don't have a lot of experience in the shop or building stage props illusion systems book #1 covers a lot of the basics such as sizing props and fitting allusions to your assistance. Another great book for building magic from the technical side is an old book called the new makeup of magic. I believe it was published by magic ink years ago it is full of useful tips for the shop such as finishing working with metals even screen printing.
Rodney
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
Anyone here ever buy the Rabbitastic and build it? I'm looking into getting the plans but was wondering if anyone has built one before? Thanks!
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
I would also be interested in Rabbitastic as well.

Dennis, thanks for all the updates to this thread over the years. I got Osborne Books 1-4 way back when they were new. Many years ago, like an idiot, I sold them. I just ordered his three Classic Illusion books last night.

Here are some questions for you.

1) The Holiday Illusions book taken from the pages of Genii - Are those illusions also included in his Big Black Book which were also taken from Genii?

2) I'm not into any kinds of scary or haunted type illusions - I do a lot of for kids 4 to 12 plus my act is more comedy oriented. So, his Halloween book, EVIL Illusions book and Haunted Illusions book are, at first blush, of no interest to me. However, my question is whether there are some non theme-related clever ideas and designs in those books that are not found in his other books, or are these mostly traditional illusions re-themed for those purposes?

Thanks!

Dave
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Back on May 4, 2011, iugefu said:

OK What about Stocks of Zanzibar?

BTW weird names stemming from weird times- this illusion is clearly a reference to the times of slavery and being shackled before being shipped of.( freed, and exchanged with the captor, revenge perhaps?)

Id be happy from anyone who knows more-and feel free to discuss other illusions and how their titles emanated.

My response:
Given the history as you mention it, I would never call that illusion Stocks of Zanzibar. However, I'm considering that illusion as an alternative to a sub trunk. In my 20s I built a sub trunk, but sold it and it is being used to this day. But at 54 and arthritis in both hips (thanks to 11 years of [American] football), I no longer have an interest in the sub trunk. I have the Osborne plan for Assistant's Revenge, but the Stocks illusion is smaller and more transportable. The theme could easily be the "stocks" that were used in early American colonial days which were in the public square and used to punish people via public embarrassment.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, davekilpatrick wrote:
Here are some questions for you.

1) The Holiday Illusions book taken from the pages of Genii - Are those illusions also included in his Big Black Book which were also taken from Genii?

Many of them are, however quite a few are not.
I downloaded all of them and offered Genii them, and they declined in favor of "If someone wants them, they have to do what you/I did." It means more money for genii, I guess.

Quote:
2) I'm not into any kinds of scary or haunted type illusions - I do a lot of for kids 4 to 12 plus my act is more comedy oriented. So, his Halloween book, EVIL Illusions book and Haunted Illusions book are, at first blush, of no interest to me. However, my question is whether there are some non theme-related clever ideas and designs in those books that are not found in his other books, or are these mostly traditional illusions re-themed for those purposes?

That is a tough question, especially since I love all the haunting illusions.

What nice about all of Osborne's books is that there are many clever ideas to learn from and one could design their own, from that knowledge gained.
Dennis Michael
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Thanks, Dennis!

On a related note, I only found out yesterday that Jim Steinmeyer's book Modern Art has been reprinted and is on sale on his website. I don't know how long ago since it has been reprinted, but I purchased it immediately. A couple of years back I could not find one anywhere.
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Dennis,

I plan on getting the the Owen Book 1 "Keep the Wheels Turning" (not cheap!). If I do, does it make sense to also get the Great Illusions of Magic by Byron Wels or is everything in the in the Wels book also contained in the Owen book(s)?

Thanks!

Dave
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Actually, I answered my own question. I got a list online of the contents of the two Owen books and the Wels book. It seems that with very few exceptions, everything in the Wels book is also in the Owens books (mostly Book 1). The total cost of the two Owens books combined is more than triple the cost of the Wels book, but they contain a lot more stuff. Anyway, that's what I found. I had the Wels book about 20 years ago and foolishly sold it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Osbourne Illusions (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL