The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Fenton handcuff ( You can try) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi all, I have several people asking me if the Fenton reproduction handcuff/lock is open for escape attempts? For those escape artists going to the Indy convention this year, the Fenton will be on display at Cannon’s Great Escapes table. I have emailed Mark and Sheila to let them know that some people would like to try. I am well aware of the method that David DeVal wrote about in his book. If this method is tried, the lock will let us know. So you will have to fairly ingenious if you were to try.

Good luck

Ian
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
After much research I regret to inform the UK members of this forum that UK Customs rules do not consider a Fenton Lock as hand luggage / a novelty wrist watch or a fashion accessory, so if you get stuck you're on your own through Heathrow....

....joking aside good luck to anyone who tries it and congrats to Ian for creating a lock to give us nightmares.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Stuart, I hadn't thought of what if you get stuck, how about a "locked on attache case" .
very humours.

Ian
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Then we'd get stopped by the Bond producers for stealing their idea from "Russia With Love."

See we can't win, what are we to do?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Easy way would be to escape and not have to home with it attached to your wrists.

( personally never seen the movie, I will have to now)

cheers

Ian
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

The 'Black Attache Case' was the first time we hear the name Q Branch mentioned and the first time we meet Q...the man behind the gimmicks.

The Atache case featured a booby trapped top in case someone else opened it, hidden knives and secret coin sections....it seemed advanced at the time.

As for the lock, if it is an exact duplicate of the fenton lock mechanism (and I have no doubt in my mind that it is)...never in a month of sundays could I pick that thing.

Best Wishes to anyone going for it though...I want full reports back if anyone does it or pictures if anyone gets stuck!
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
I suppose if I'm travelling that far, I can at least get a photo of me wearing it! Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear James, that would be a good idea as I won't be making another one, however the cuff is a fixed size and your wrist may or not fit. If you have seen Mr Fenton holding it you could always duplicate this pose.

Have fun over there the Indy escape show is great.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Why not put some Lard/Butter on your Arms before being locked in it that way you can possibly slip out but Don't tell Ian. Rememeber It's a SECRET ! P.S. Ian I'm only kidding about the Lard/Butter. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Don, if someone can get out by this method, I won't know because I didn't look at your post.

Ian
Are you going Don to the Indy escape artist convention??
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian I'll be going if I can find someone to go with me. Because of being hit by a Drunk Driver a few Years ago. I still get tired easy so I think its Best that I don't Drive myself Down to Indy. Shaun has also asked me this Question and even said I should bring the BackPack along that others might like to see it. I'll love to go and Meet Others there to Talk and Get some New Ideas. I'm currently have a few ideas in the process of planning out and building. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Don, I hope you do get to go and get some someone to travel with.Take care on the road and if you do go, I am sure you will have heaps of ideas and fun.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian if I Do Go I Certainly will Have FUN but will Miss not Seeing you There. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Don, I'll be there in all the stuff I hope you get to see, handle and hopefully amaze you.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian but I Have something for you. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Fenton handcuff ( You can try) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL