The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Re-positional Glue (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Thanks for all the responses guys, I found what I needed.
Regards,
Tom
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
Thanks for all the responses guys, I found what I needed.
Regards,
Tom

Which of the recommendations did suit you best? I am interested too.
Lukasz P
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Lukasz P
If you want to stick a deck of cards I recommend Matte Finish or much better Roughing Stick H.Robson
But have a question for you : what could you recommend me to stick postcards for create force pack ?
Best !
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2017, Tom G wrote:
A couple of other options would be a roughing stick or a cheaper alternative to Science Friction would be Plasti-Dip clear spray.

I use PlastiDip for exactly the same purpose.
I spray a ¾" band across the middle part of the card using a template.
So if I spread the cards with my thump pressure in the middle of the deck the sprayed card will stick to,the card above it.
But if I spread the deck with my thumb pressure a little above the middle ( w/o the PlastiDip band) the sprayed card will glide.
I use this for many tricks including Chicago Opener.
Ihor
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Nice thread, gentlemen! Good to have all the options together in one place for reference.
I was surprised to read SF can be used for this purpose as well!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
Rust-oleum Flexidip works great. Remember this type of spray do NOT cause the cards to be stuck together. Because of the rubber coating,the card below it will stay together with it when a slight pressure on the two cards is used. However the top card can bet lifted off with no sticking what so ever.

Takes a little time to learn how to use it. A double card can be tossed on a mat without spreading. Also, a huge plus, the card will not get dirty nor will the card against it!!!

Merl, theCardshark
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2017, Steven Keyl wrote:
Something that I've used for Richard Sanders' "Aces" and would also be appropriate to the OP's question is Zig 2-way glue. If you wait for it to dry before adhering the other card, it becomes repositional and it works great.

Yes - this is what I use as well.
...forever curious
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Hey Poof-Daddy, thanks for the recommendation for Aleene's tack it over. That stuff works great. It is practically invisible on a card. It easily passed the spin the card up in the air test. And while it still separates with a slight crack, twisting the cards seems to really deaden the noise. It checks all the boxes.

Quote:
On Feb 27, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
All good ideas so far and I have used most. The potential problem is - What do you mean by You need to slide it? Most repositionable glues as well as double sided tape will do everything else you require but none really let you slide the card per se. I like to use Aleene's Tack, It Over and Over Liquid Glue for my homemade ACE and NFW gimmicks. Dries clear, sticks fine unsticks easy and resticks over and over. If you mean that you want to spread randomly thru the deck and the double card stays together yet spreads like one (in a fan for example) most of these will work.

On the other hand, If you want it to stick together as one for the most part (to be handled as one) yet want them to spread like you are looking at your hole cards in a game of hold-em, I would say that Science Friction would be your best bet. It has much better adhesion quality than a standard Rough and smooth yet it does give you the ability to slide at will and go right back to holding as one. Granted, your initial investment "seems" steep, but if you really look at what all you get with the set and all the new magic it opens up for you, it is not bad at all. Plus after registering your initial purchase, refills of the spray itself are quite a bit less.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Another product that works very well is Zig 2 Way Glue.

Just search for "Zig 2-way glue pen", and you'll find it readily available.

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Been using Zig pens for years also. All depends on what I am using it for. Cody Fisher has a "Magic Wand" that is a repositional (or permanent iirc) balm in a chap-stick type container. It works well also. He put out the YouTube video on his mailing list about it that is a pro-con discussion of almost every adhesive that has been posted about in the history of the Café that was a great watch. Very informative and again, many adhesives depend on what gaff you are making (or what you need the glue to do).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Great info guys, thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Re-positional Glue (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL