The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Black by Mark Shortland and Vanishing Inc (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
248 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Simply brilliant. This is literally a once-in-a-decade item for me. Can't wait.

--Brett
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I love my original, and though I prefer it in black, I also prefer the smaller box.

It's really strong magic, and a pretty strong box, too...mine has easily survived a lot of performances.

So deceptive, and innocent-looking.

I don't see the advantage of the larger size, sure if you perform for theatre-sized audiences, maybe....but I'm curious who feels the larger size in a benefit? Seems like the smaller box is better....in fact, I think I'd perfer a "micro" Amazebox. That would be pretty cool...
PoeFest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of PoeFest
I wanted a bigger box, but never wanted it black. Hate it black. It looks like a manufactured prop now. If I was an audience member, I would definitely be suspicious of a black box. The white box? It's much more innocuous.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2017, PoeFest wrote:
I wanted a bigger box, but never wanted it black. Hate it black. It looks like a manufactured prop now. If I was an audience member, I would definitely be suspicious of a black box. The white box? It's much more innocuous.

I completely agree. With the white box, you could see the insides and the bottom, and it looked, as you say, more innocuous.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
A normal, brown, cardboard-coloured version would be nice.
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Interesting. My non-magician friend thought the white looked suspicious while the black fit fine.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22821 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Retail stores always have a white box, to put your chance drawing slips in when they offer shopping sprees.

But - the market place rules in todays magic market, if you go back and read the original AmazeBox forum, everyone wanted a bigger box to hold more slips of paper for larger audiences, and no one liked the white box, even when it made more sense.

We all know that none of the members here go to stores, they all shop online, so how would they know anything about what is used in the real world, and what looks out of place and what doesn't.

Just wait, the version 3 will be purple with black interior, and cost $100.00.

Can't wait for the stripped box. Smile
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
I agree with PoeFest, the box is better white.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1032 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, kevin carmean wrote:
I agree with PoeFest, the box is better white.

+1...or two or three?
toneill
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of toneill
Both are great...the white box works well in a small setting. I like the added capacity in Amazebox Black for use with larger audiences.

Ted
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
696 Posts

Profile of egoli
I have the original white box and think I'll just stick with that. It's nice to have a bigger box that can hold more slips but I think the white box just looks more innocent.

Ed
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Any reason why this just can't be manufactured in both black and white???
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2017, PoeFest wrote:

I have to agree about the color. Black to me seems like a magic trick that has trap doors, mirrors and let's throw in a rabbit for good measure. I like white or just a cardboard color.

Ray
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10127 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Haha, couldn't agree more. It may very well come down to who the creator is listening to, magicians or mentalists. I could see magicians wanting the black (bunny not included), while mentalists much more preferring it to remain invisible in white.
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, wchoo002 wrote:
You cannot access it.

I understand that it's impossible to do in an offbeat moment, but how long does it take to get the originals out?
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
282 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Haha, couldn't agree more. It may very well come down to who the creator is listening to, magicians or mentalists. I could see magicians wanting the black (bunny not included), while mentalists much more preferring it to remain invisible in white.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Neither magician or mentalist wants to be caught.
Mentalistry | Providing quality material to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Hopefully Mark will be following and reading this thread as feedback. White seems to be the most popular and have to agree with all the comments regarding the layman perception of the box - with white being the more innocent looking.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree also.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2522 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
The verdict is in, some like it white and some like it black!
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10127 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Mindpro wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever. Neither magician or mentalist wants to be caught.

No one ever said anything about being caught.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Black by Mark Shortland and Vanishing Inc (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL