The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Black by Mark Shortland and Vanishing Inc (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
If anyone has one of the old ones they would like to sell, please pm me.
kj
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Haha, couldn't agree more. It may very well come down to who the creator is listening to, magicians or mentalists. I could see magicians wanting the black (bunny not included), while mentalists much more preferring it to remain invisible in white.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Neither magician or mentalist wants to be caught.

No one ever said anything about being caught.

You said mentalists would want to stay invisible
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Olivier7
View Profile
New user
London
60 Posts

Profile of Olivier7
I agree with white looking more innocent.

Could the black preference be because it will look less dirty after having been used for a while, when white will start having black marks here and there?
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
In the demo Mark says that the box can be opened by a spectator. Is it possible to have the box on stage, audience put in their slips of paper, then have an audience member open the box and toss out the contents?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, Olivier7 wrote:
I agree with white looking more innocent.

Could the black preference be because it will look less dirty after having been used for a while, when white will start having black marks here and there?

Yes, you have a good point. However, if it does start to look a bit used, I don't think that really takes anything away from the performance. I used to do fairs where I would have the same box for a prize drawing. No one seemed to care that the box showed some signs of wear and tear.

I think it is a matter of preference. Personally, I prefer the smaller white box.

KJ
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Also if it does show signs of wear and tear, that can only be a good thing as it portraying a normal box - not a 'prop' that you look after. This was a concern by a few people regarding the original white box, which easily can show blemishes, marks etc on the box. But feel this can be a good thing and adds to the innocence of how it should be and look.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Also if it does show signs of wear and tear, that can only be a good thing as it portraying a normal box - not a 'prop' that you look after. This was a concern by a few people regarding the original white box, which easily can show blemishes, marks etc on the box. But feel this can be a good thing and adds to the innocence of how it should be and look.

Yes, agreed.
kj
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, couldn't agree more. It may very well come down to who the creator is listening to, magicians or mentalists. I could see magicians wanting the black (bunny not included), while mentalists much more preferring it to remain invisible in white.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Neither magician or mentalist wants to be caught.

No, that's not what I said. I said "mentalists much more prefer IT (the box) to remain invisible in white." You still are not seeming to understand what I said or the point. I'm feeling you are a magician?

Mentalists certainly do NOT want to be invisible.
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, that's not what I said. I said "mentalists much more prefer IT (the box) to remain invisible in white." You still are not seeming to understand what I said or the point. I'm feeling you are a magician?

Mentalists certainly do NOT want to be invisible.

Oh sorry I understand now. Looks like I came off as abit of a pr!ck.
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Amaze Box
Creator: by Mark Shortland
Publisher: Vanishing Inc
MSRP: $ 65
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 35:52

Type of effect: Forcing box (switch/change box)

Manufacturer's Write Up:

When Vanishing Inc. released the original AmazeBox last year, magicians across the world immediately recognized the countless uses for such a clever utility prop. Since its release, it has been used on some of the largest stages in the world by thousands of magicians, including a number of famous performers.

The AmazeBox, if you haven't heard, is a revolution for switching billets and playing cards. Spectators write, say, their favorite movie on pieces of paper and then drop it into a small cardboard box. You never touch the box; someone comes on stage, opens it up and randomly selects a billet. It is always your force billet.

We received two important pieces of feedback from the professionals that used AmazeBox in their show: they'd like it to contain more billets, and they'd prefer it to be black rather than white.

Not only is the AmazeBox MUCH bigger (it can hold 200 slips of paper instead of just 30), but it is also stronger. Steel plates between the cardboard ensure that this will last MUCH longer and is better suited to travel, and the new matte black color means it will blend in perfectly in any environment. After weeks (yes, really!) of re-designing, we have now made it so it fits back into its packaging, so you can transport it flat wherever you go. The box, when flat, it will fit in any large suitcase.

In a 45 minute, online video, Mark Shortland takes you through everything from assembling the box, to routines and more. If you have a place for the original AmazeBox in your show, the AmazeBox Black will change everything!

How accurate is the ad copy? The “routines” are really more of quick suggestions and ideas.

What's in the box? The box (flat and unassembled) and the needed items to assemble it, plus the download code to watch the instructions. Make sure you if you have the white box you are watching the white box instructions, and black box watching the black box instructions, they are built differently and require varied assembly.

Key points: With the AmazeBox Black you can:

- Switch up to 200 billets
- Perform surrounded
- Travel anywhere
- Have a fail-safe method for switching paper, playing cards, and more!

How are the production values: Mostly it’s Mark Shortland against a white backdrop, shot in HD, well mic’d assembling the box on a table.

Is it well made: It is made from sturdy corrugated cardboard

Is it well taught: the video is chiefly assembly instructions with a few “ideas” thrown in at the end. No full routines or live performances

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Not only does it pack flat – it comes flat

Does it "play big?" I can’t imagine mentalism being much stronger than this

Difficulty / Skill level required: self-working

How much arts and crafts are involved? Minimal.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) This will work great for both stage and parlor. I know there has been some “white box vs black box debate” but in truth it does not make any difference.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X___ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: this is a wonderful prop and your only limit is your own imagination.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mnCeAsgHw
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Does the white version pack flat for travel?
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Montana,

Yes! It does! Mark also added a bit of a mod on the Facebook group as well that allows it to slip completely back into its original packaging envelope. It simply requires you to trim a bit off. Easy and makes it MUCH easier to travel with now!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thank you! Would you choose black or white?
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
Hi all does anyone know where I could find a source or a link with different ideas to present this amazing idea? Thanks a lot
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2017, Dominique Blanco wrote:
Hi all does anyone know where I could find a source or a link with different ideas to present this amazing idea? Thanks a lot

I would join the Facebook group for users.
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Does anyone have any ideas/routines for this box please as I plan on buying it?
Whoever comes up with the best idea (for me to perform) will win a free giveaway of a deck of "Bicycle Alchemy 1977 England" cards.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
The best idea will be the one you think of yourself. I use 2 routines which suggest an outside influence in the force that is selected. One is with names of musicians, forcing the Rolling Stoners while "Start Me Up" is being played. Another is with a pic of Sherlock Holmes on the front of the box with a selection of fictional criminals, the force one being Moriarty.
Elman1
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Elman1
I have the amaze box black and I love it! Assembly was a !@#$% but the end product is awesome. Loads of possibilitys with this, the only limitation is your imagination.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Agreed. The more one uses his own the imagination, the better it will be. Make it your own.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
You can get one that comes pre asembled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Black by Mark Shortland and Vanishing Inc (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL