The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Brainstorming for an effect, all ideas welcome! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
The Effect is called THE KEY, Wayne Dobson. If you've seen it or own it you know what it's about; if not the basic premise is, a borrowed ring fits over a key and slips off then interlocked back to the key in an impossible way, then back off again the key is then pushed right back on to the key chain then handed out for inspection.

I typically like story telling with the magic added in, so far I have not been able to come up with anything I really like.
I have been using this presentation about how "the words we chose to speak create our reality. Choosing words will sometimes lock us into a thought or idea that will limit us." (the ring is placed on the key, held to where it will not come off) "but this is our reality, use words to capture that!" now the ring is back on in a very magical way.
this is it on youtube,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJWAfNvoGY

Anyway feel free to comment.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
The words we choose can also free us.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

I was scrolling down and reading some other posts and another person wrote about wanting a story for the linking rings and he came up with a theme of friendships/relationships but the conversation did not go that far. This is a similar effect with the linking and unlinking aspect.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

There is a lot of ancient information that has been lost to history, and I will tell you some of which I know. Long ago all the animals used to talk to each other, just like you and I.Also, You may not know this, but the mighty lion used to not hunt but scavenge for food; this would often leave the lion hungry and unfilled; until one day, one lion looked out to the plains and spied the antelopes,running, jumping and foraging as they often do. The male lion snuck up to the antelope and snatched it right up, now up to this point the antelope did not know to run away from the lion, but could now see he was in quite a predicament. He did not let fear overtake him and kept his calm and devised a plan. The antelope began to laugh.....hahahaha! and this made the lion confused.....

."Why do you laugh? I have snatched you up and will eat you, why is this funny."

"OH lion" said the antelope "I have been in this situation before and I must say you still have a lot of work to be better at this. I heard you a mile away, I saw your technique and it was poorly executed, believe me. In fact, I let you caught me. I am much faster than you and I only do this to teach you a lesson. I would have taken at least 10 lions to caught me."

All this got to lion. He was confused and upset.

Seeing that he now had the upper hand, the antelope slipped away.####ring slips off,magically####

It was only when he told other lions of this incident did he realize he had been tricked by the clever antelope. His anger grew. The next day he returned to hunt the antelope and this time brought many lions with him. All the male lions of the camp showed up for the hunt.
They ran, and jumped and chased and finally after much effort the lion once again caught the antelope, this time he held the antelope in a way that he knew the antelope could not escape. #####ring back onto key,magically#####

But the antelope did not let fear get the best of him..... and this time too he began to laugh, confusing the lion.

"you can not trick me this time, your laughter can not save you."

"Save me?" laughed the antelope "Lion you are tricked again. You and your friends could have had a buffet to eat but they all got away. I let you caught me for everyone else to get away. HEHEHE! LOOK at me. I am skinny. I would not feed one lion and I see at least a dozen. OH how funny."
And with that the antelope again slipped away.#####ring pops off magically#####

The male lions showed up now empty handed,their egos beaten.
The females allowed them to join them...#####MAGIC KEY TO KEY RING####...... but never allowed the males to hunt again. Now,as you may well know, the female lions do the hunting. The rest of the story is far to gruesome to continue but the Lions no longer go hungry. And this is the story of a lion's pride.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Something like this could be used for any type of linking/unlinking effect.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

This is a little long had to shave some off.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

I memorized a Dr. Suess story and have recently been performing this for basically anyone who would listen, it has been A LOT of fun, kids like it, parents love it, it gets a laugh and gets you thinking.....so....
I ended up coming up with a rhythm for that whole story above........... Channeling my own inner Dr Seuss

Did you know ,that among lions, the females hunt all the food.
While the males just stay back, hanging out with the dudes.

This was definitely ,NOT always so.
Because I know a story from LONG LONG AGO,

Of a single male lion ; hungry, upset…..feeling rather run down
And then he looked to see antelope, moping and doping around.

So he snatched one up as quick as he could.
He started licking his lips thinking this could be quite good.

The antelope knew the great trouble he was in,
but did not allow fear to the get the better of him.

Thinking quickly, he began to laugh out loud.
And Puffed up his chest and acted quite proud.

Silly lion I been in this situation before,
Your technique is all wrong and really quite poor.

I heard you coming a mile away,
I could have easily just scampered away.

I let you caught me, I am ten times faster than you
It’s clear to me now that haven’t a clue.

The lion was now really very confused
Feeling quite low, his ego was bruised.

Away slipped the antelope just like that
No longer caught up in that lion’s trap

The lion went home, and to his surprise
He only realized he was tricked when he told all the guys.

But the very next day ALL the male lions went out
To hunt down the antelope that may be about.

The lions chased and the antelopes ran
And it over almost as fast as it all began

And that same antelope was caught by that same old lion
Now no chance to escape, no use in trying

But again laughed the antelope, had he gone mad?
This situation is most certainly bad!!!

You silly lion you could have a whole buffet to eat.
But instead you got me, the only one with, so little meat.

The lion knew again the antelope was right
And just like that the antelope slipped away out of sight

They all came back, hungry and empty handed
If you want the food, get it yourself they demanded!

And How all this ended, you probably guessed
The males were the worst, and the females….the best

This is good antelope stew, that old lion sighed.
As he swallowed his dinner and also his PRIDE

Basically the RING is the antelope and the KEY is the lion
the key magically slips off at all the moments in the story
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Brainstorming for an effect, all ideas welcome! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL