The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real mans wallet from Murphys Magic (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
This wallet happens to look really nice!!
Anyone have this yet?
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=39422
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Cool I love an exciting new wallet.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
This has been around for a few years now - but yes, it's excellent in look, feel, and operation.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I can say it's good quality wallet with reasonable price.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It has been around for 46 years, invented by Detroit magician Bob Downey in the 1970's. He was a famous magician of the day, performed in night spots including the once famous Playboy Clubs. He did a comedy dove act with patter.

I believe it is the best card to wallet using an everyday wallet ever created. Of course, it uses the ability to palm a card.

Many are afraid of palming, but that just leaves this excellent Wallet for those that are not.

Beware, Mak Magic has been selling an inferior copy of this wallet using the same name for 10 years, for $30.00.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Been my everyday wallet for some years. Love it.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Looks like a re-release with a Gregory Wilson handling video included.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
It has been around for 46 years, invented by Detroit magician Bob Downey in the 1970's. He was a famous magician of the day, performed in night spots including the once famous Playboy Clubs. He did a comedy dove act with patter.

Here is a video of Bob doing his card to wallet

http://www.magicana.com/video/bob-downey-close-magic
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:

I believe it is the best card to wallet using an everyday wallet ever created. Of course, it uses the ability to palm a card.

Many are afraid of palming, but that just leaves this excellent Wallet for those that are not.

Beware, Mak Magic has been selling an inferior copy of this wallet using the same name for 10 years, for $30.00.

Of course the ORIGINAL Downey wallet was made of cardboard. At the request of Steve Draun I TOTALLY redesigned it for the modern era. It got knocked off by SOOO many people. So I recently did a redesign AGAIN and made it load so much faster than the old version and it now requires NO slide and can be loaded while wrapped in rubber bands. In fact Steve Draun now uses my updated version rather than the one I originally made up for him...

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The original Bob Downey wallet I purchased through Magic Inc. was a nice leather wallet, came with 4 sheets of instructions and his ideas for a no palm on stage, performing seated at a table and additional ideas. I really liked this wallet over all the others I have owned. It is for the everyday use.

I occasionally visited Magic Inc. for magic lecturers and to purchase magic. On one visit Bob Downey was sitting chatting, so I told him how much I enjoyed using his wallet.

The only thing he said was something along the lines, if only Magic Inc. would advertise it more.

His wallet had the card appear in a window, so the back of the card was visible when unsnapping the holder for cards and photo section of the wallet.

While shopping, after 40 years, I found a Lord Buxton wallet that works perfectly for this effect. Just had to gimmick it, and now I carry this wallet every day with me. It is a more bulky wallet being it has a coin purse built in, but it is perfect for the Bob Downey Card in Wallet.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Tony Miller's updated version of this wallet is my every day wallet. I absolutely love it.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Link please!
I use a slide with my real man's. Do you have to with the new one?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I use it every gig and as my everyday wallet, had it in my pocket for years. Simple and easy, I use my ID as a slide.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Montana76 wrote:
Link please!
I use a slide with my real man's. Do you have to with the new one?

Nope,no slide used in the updated version. Or to quote Steve Draun..." I think you hit a home run."

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Boomer - The one advertised in this thread at murphys is $40 and the other one that you posted from RFA Productions is $100 - is the rfaproductions one really 2.5 times better?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I have one (RMSLW). I love it. I can make cards locate inside one very quickly and invisibly...Smile...and I'm not even a card guy.

Tony's wallets have been with me for years. Love them.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Marvello wrote:
Boomer - The one advertised in this thread at murphys is $40 and the other one that you posted from RFA Productions is $100 - is the rfaproductions one really 2.5 times better?

You can always find cheaper... It is hard to find better and it costs more. As the designer of the BOTH I do have some opinion as to which is better and why. There are Sasco Coins and Lassen coins. Sasco are certainly cheaper.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
But Real Man's Speed Loader wallet cannot be handled by Spectators.
While Real Man's wallet can be handled.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Why would I let somebody go through my wallet, Shak? Doesn't that apply to any g******d wallet? With that said, I have often placed a SLW in somebody's palm and had them hold it with no worries whatsoever.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real mans wallet from Murphys Magic (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL