The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Position for Cups to Develop Patina (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Miami Beach, FL
370 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I'm "aging" a set of Riser Minis and I'm curious what position Café members use when their cups are at rest to assist in the development of a patina. I currently have them as pictured, each cup resting on a thumb tip to allow air to get inside the cup. I thought that if I placed them mouth up, then the saddle wouldn't be getting the air it needs. Thoughts?

Magic is where you find it.....
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
129 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Hi Dale,

I have the same exact mindset as you. I also have the same set of Riser Mini's. I wish he still made cups but he doesn't, but Brett Sherwood makes very good mini cups for those interested in a new set. Anyway, I also do what you do where I lean the cups up but I just use the balls instead of a thumbtip. I don't know how much it helps but that is what I do. Nice looking cups.

Bob
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Miami Beach, FL
370 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, BobMc wrote:

I have the same exact mindset as you. I also have the same set of Riser Mini's. I wish he still made cups but he doesn't, but Brett Sherwood makes very good mini cups for those interested in a new set. Anyway, I also do what you do where I lean the cups up but I just use the balls instead of a thumbtip. I don't know how much it helps but that is what I do. Nice looking cups.

Bob

Thank you for your comment, Bob. I agree that Sherwood has some good mini cups available. RNT2 has some great ones as well. I'm especially fond of the Paul Fox mini cups from RNT2.
Magic is where you find it.....
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
129 Posts

Profile of BobMc
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either RNT2 or Sherwood. I support both. I think RNT2 is the best out there for large loads like the Gazzo cups. I love the Sherwood cups for tennis ball loads. I also love the Sherwood cups for the minis, but as you suggested the RNT2 Paul Fox Mini cups look great too. IMO, RNT2 has the best for mini chop cups with the Don Alan Mini Chop cup. I think RNT2 currently has the best tennis ball chop cups currently out there with the Kozmo cups. I am sure Donnie and Brett consider themselves competitors, but I don't. They certainly overlap, but I really like RNT2 for very large loads (Gazzo cups), I like Sherwood for tennis ball loads, I like Sherwood for mini cups, I really like RNT2 for tennis ball chop cups (Kozmo cups), and I like RNT2 for mini strolling chop cups. You can't go wrong with either. Although I have one, in my opinion, the RNT2 Kozmo chop cup in copper is the one I want the most to buy again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Position for Cups to Develop Patina (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL