The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MAGIC VARIETY PACK 2 - Curtain Call Encore PDF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RCarruth
View Profile
Loyal user
Spartanburg, S.C.
234 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
MAGIC VARIETY PACK 2
Paul Lelekis - Author

I can't say it enough.. Paul is one of the most proficient writers in all of magic.I've had my fair share of magicians tell me they don't know how I put together the Magic Roadshow each month.. but they are not mindful of the number of ebooks, highly informative ebooks, Paul produces each year. I have help with the Roadshow.. Paul's work is entirely self-sufficient and self-produced.

That said, I am pleased to review 'Magic Variety Pack 2', a companion to the first 'Magic Variety Pack' reviewed here a couple of months ago.

I appreciate that Paul includes a 'variety' of effects in each ebook. Not everyone loves cards. You'll find two very nice effects with props... a goldfish and a balloon. Either can be performed in a parlor setting or at tableside.. More below...

Here's the intro of VP2... (with my comments added in parenthesis )

SHUFFLES, CUTS, and MISDIRECTION
This is an in-depth, 8-page synopsis of the importance and role of shuffling and cutting, as well as the use of misdirection. Also included are many control ideas and sleights. ( Golden information for anyone serious about cards. Paul discusses cuts and card movement at length. How to get cards to the top or bottom, and how to use misdirection and timing to totally fool not only your audience.. but fellow magicians who feel 'above' the sleights of others. Paul is a student of Erdnase.. and anyone familiar with this 'ghost of a master' understands the relationship between magic and the Erdnase methods designed to fool not only the public.. but very sophisticated gamblers who wouldn't hesitate to shoot cheats.)

IMAGINE - One the finest routines of legerdemain & ESP conceivable! There are five unbelievable revelations! ( Let's see if I can explain this... four blue-backed cards are displayed and one is mentally selected. The thought-of card is clearly shown to have turned face up in the packet and also shown to now have a Red back. The other three blue-backed cards are shown to be blank. Two of the cards formerly in the packet are now found face-up in the deck…and the matching pseudo-mate of the thought-of card is found in the performer’s pocket.. Got that? )

PSYCHIC COLLAPSE - Crush an ordinary plastic water bottle with
the power of your mind! ( As Paul explains, this is more science than magic.. but it sure looks like magic when you pull it off...)

GOLDFISH CREATION - Roll up a dollar bill and create a goldfish! Then eat the goldfish and bring it back to life! ( Maybe my favorite in a group of potential favorites. It's not often we get to work with animals.. ok.. a goldfish.. and I personally look forward to my next opportunity to put this to the test..)

INTERFACE - A very direct, in-your-face demonstration, warping the space/time continuum.
( Paul offers the perfect synopsis.." A card is selected by the spectator and is kept face down and unseen by all. Another card is selected by the spectator and signed on the face and lost in the deck. Now a third card is removed and used to turn over the unknown card – the unknown card is revealed to be the signed selection!" Complete with an excellent switch by Dean Dill... )

MARLO’S DIMINISHING LIFT SEQUENCE - Learn this remarkable sleight and some cool ways to use it! ( A couple of double lifts, a flushtration count and an Elmsley count can help you perform an apparent miracle with four Aces.. )

THE CHOSEN ONES - Make the four Aces jump to any chosen packet…and it’s easy to do! Very direct, amazing magic! ( Another four Ace effect with Aces swapping places with four indifferent cards. Paul also teaches a very nice sleight you'll use in many other effects..)

BALLOON SWORD SWALLOWING - Blow up a 2” x 60” balloon and proceed to swallow it…every inch of it…then completely swallow it! Show your mouth empty! ( OK, I have to admit I already knew this one.. but there are many folks who don't. You're missing out on a sterling moment, particularly with kids, if this isn't in your repertoire. All you need is a balloon and as audience! )

You will be very hard-pressed to buy Paul's latest and NOT find something you'll embrace. There's something for everyone, particularly those of you who love card magic and aren't afraid to perform a double undercut or an Elmsley count or two.
Definitely a great bargain for $10 bucks...

http://www.lybrary.com/magic-variety-pac......614.html
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MAGIC VARIETY PACK 2 - Curtain Call Encore PDF (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL