The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 card monte cards (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Hi all ,

I've not done 3 card monte for years, I'm going to get back into learning it all again , I can remember the basics and I've got school for scoundrels DVD to fall back on , here's the question is it still recommended that you use bee cards or has another back design come along that makes it harder to spot the moves .

Carl
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I still use the Bees.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Bees are still the one I use as well. If you go with something else, make sure there isn't a white border or other design element that you can see "walking" along the back of the other card.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2017, MikeDes wrote:
Bees are still the one I use as well. If you go with something else, make sure there isn't a white border or other design element that you can see "walking" along the back of the other card.

1000% this!

Borders are a no no.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Yes thanks guys , when I initially learned the 3cm I learned with bees , I was just checking this was the go too cards to use , I've since bought some in.

Carl
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Totally agree with all....but as a sidenote.

I've used Bicycles for years, simply due to availability. For hyping borders can be a problem, but for other moves such as double lift or top change, no worries.

And with a good technical hype, the border doesn't become an issue IMHO.

But as everyone notes, bees make things easier and more deceptive.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I addition to the "no border" backs of the Bees, another benefit of using the Bees that I like is the uniqueness and ornate design of the jokers and the ace of spades. As Pop Haydn observes in the "Notes on the 3 Card Monte" video, these designs lends to great patter possibilities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 card monte cards (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL