The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Intro to the Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lordfinniusof503
View Profile

Oregon, USA
0 Posts

Profile of lordfinniusof503
Good afternoon fellow magicians,

My name is Finn and I am a 22 y.o magician living in the state of Oregon, United States.

I have been into magic since I saw a killer ambitious card performed up at Pike's place market in 2010. I have been hooked ever since.
While I have only been paid for one show up until this point in my life, I have a passion for making this into my career and learning more from all you great & experienced performers out there.

Thank you all for peeking at this,
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome lordfinniusof503,

I feel compelled to mention that unless you are a good business person, Magic is a hard living (even for some of the most renown Magicians in the world!). Making Magic into your livelihood can make it less enjoyable as well.

Try part time and see what you think.

Beyond that have fun and excel in whatever path you choose! The Café is a great choice for getting an overview of opinion.

-Mary Mowder
lordfinniusof503
View Profile

Oregon, USA
0 Posts

Profile of lordfinniusof503
Thanks for the welcome Mary,

I am aware of that and because I am an entrepreneurial-minded individual. I don't see that being an issue for me. I already sell some products I make on Amazon and build websites freelance (I realize completely that those are two different industries entirely from magic or performance. I guess it's safe to note I don't plan on making 100% of my income as a citizen off of this art, while I hope to make it my '9-5' job meaning it will take up the majority of my time. Passive income pipelines are something I am aware of and know I must have, especially in this area of interest.

It's not a matter of 'if', its a matter of 'when'. But like you said, the opinions of the great individuals on this forum will help me with decisions I make.

Thanks for your insight, I appreciate you not beating around the bush in giving your advice!

Cheers,
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Welcome Lordfinniusof503

Mary is right turning magic into a career is pretty tough. But if I can do it so can others. I quit a good paying job to build magic props almost 10 years ago. Everyone thought I was crazy but was so unhappy with what I was doing something had to change. A number of folks here on the Café helped me make this work and still do. Good luck.

Gimpy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Intro to the Café (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL