The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The mysterious bleeding handkerchief (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Anyone have an idea if this gimmick really exists? If so, what is the modus operandi? Thanks
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
There is a method described in the book, "Sheherazade" by Borodin. Try looking there. There are also various other methods that can be implemented.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What, specifically would a handkerchief bleed? Threads perhaps?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
That effect is called “Irene” in Borodin’s book. The handkerchief bleeds over a table.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The book shows a method for constructing the prop. The actual prop sold by ZZM is more complicated than the one Borodin uses.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Since I don't have the book yet, I will have to do some research. Thanks.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Wkitwizard, will be a lot cheaper for you try to get the book and figure out your own version of the illusion based on Borodin’s description than go for the ZZM prop.
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Reading Borodin's book is like stumbling across an oasis, when you didn't even realise you were dying of thirst.

Sincere regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Ted Lesley during his lecture performed a very convincing version using a regular buck knife and a white towel. Contact he or Brother Bill Palmer on the source?
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
I have the Borodin book now, and realize that you have to construct the gaff into a table. Maybe a good old switching device like a card box, etc can bring about a startled reaction without the blood spreading on the handkerchief visibly?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-04-13 11:45, ReyRey Puentes wrote:
Ted Lesley during his lecture performed a very convincing version using a regular buck knife and a white towel. Contact he or Brother Bill Palmer on the source?

That is in Ted's lecture notes. I have some copies for sale. Actually, this is not difficult to do. It just takes guts. But the effect is that you are apparently cutting your own thumb very severely.

Regarding the device from the book -- the real impact is that the bleeding takes place in real time with no apparent source for the blood. Building the table would not be that big a job. You could get the base at Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, etc. I have seen tables of the correct style at both places for just a few dollars.

In this type of magic, the story AND the effect are both important. Window dressing is very high on the list of important things, also. Having the handkerchief become bloody inside a box is not as string IMHO as having it happen out in the open.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The mysterious bleeding handkerchief (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL