The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Hero vs Power Wand (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I've used a Filbert Pump for years but am having some elbow issues and so I'm looking for an electric pump. I used a Balloon Buoy for a while about 15 years ago and liked it. I see the Balloon Buoy is no longer made but has been replaced by the Balloon Hero, Sidekick or Power Wand. Anyone ever used one of these? I"ve got 5 Saturdays in a row where I'll be twisting for 4 hours plus and need to make a decisicion pretty quick. Any reviews would be appreciated.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Get a Lagenda. Problem solved!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Christopher -

You're the second person I've seen who recommended a Lagenda. (I'm also in the market for a floor pump or an electric pump, so I was asking on Facebook.)

Which model of the Lagenda pump do you recommend? There are a few different models shown on their website (this is the website link I found with a Google search - http://www.lagendainflators.com/ ).

Also, I see that it has to be plugged in, instead of being battery operated. Is that a problem for working in someone's home (balloons at birthday parties)?

Are they quiet when they aren't inflating a balloon? Is it on and off for sound, or is there some sort of standby mode where the pump is running (making noise) when not inflating?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Marvelous_Mysto
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, Australia
143 Posts

Profile of Marvelous_Mysto
Hi Donald,
I believe that this is the model that you need:
http://www.lagendainflators.com/laproduct/38.html
This contains a battery within it, and the battery lasts a Loooooooong time.
Most friends of mine, get a full week of gigs from each charge.

The pump *only* runs, when inflating balloons, so very quiet when not inflating balloons.

A trap for new players, is that the power switch needs to be in the 'on' position during the charging operation - otherwise it does not charge...

Baz
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks for the clarification. I also got clarification on Facebook.

When my other friend first mentioned a Lagenda balloon pump, I did a google search of that name.

One listing it came up with, was an Amazon listing for a pump priced at about $695.

So I'm glad I asked questions to clarify.

The Junior pump (B231) is about $250 U.S.: https://balloonacademy.com/product/lagen......alloons/

That's the pump he was recommending.

One other site that lists it, says that the B231 (the Lagenda Jr. model) can run on battery or be plugged in: http://lagenda.info/

This site also mentions a Canadian distributor (and other countries).

Like I said, some sites don't even mention that it can run on batteries. They simply talk about power being 110-240 V.

- Donald
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Thanks Christopher, I'll look into the Lagenda. I'm still thinking seriously about the Balloon Hero.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Doesn't seem to be as portable as the Balloon Hero to me. Would like to talk to someone who has used the Balloon Hero and especially the Power Wand, which looks pretty handy.
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
I use a Majiloon. I have two of them. I can do a three hour gig with one battery. So a four hour gig might require an extra battery.

It is compact, powerful, fairly quiet, and fast. It inflates 160, 260, 350, rounds, pretty much anything. It is designed for twisting balloons, so if you are using a lot of 11" rounds, 646s or other large balloons, you might want something more suited to that. But for the typical twisting gig, it is great.

I love my Majiloon.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Lagenda. (<---Period)
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
These reviews that say, "Get a Lagenda," are not very useful. Can someone who has used a Lagenda tell us WHY they like it, pros/cons, etc.? If you've used other inflators, you can tell us specifically why you like it better? That would be more convincing than, "Get a Lagenda." For an example, see Marvelous Mysto's review. Thank you.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Thanks Karen. I've been looking at the Majiloon . I worried about it mostly because all the reviews were from 2000. Their demo on YouTube was posted in 2009. That being the case, I wondered if any twisters out there were using the thing.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Oh and for 95% of my twisting I use 260's, 160's, rounds and hearts.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2017, derrick wrote:
Thanks Karen. I've been looking at the Majiloon . I worried about it mostly because all the reviews were from 2000. Their demo on YouTube was posted in 2009. That being the case, I wondered if any twisters out there were using the thing.

I heard through word of mouth that the Majiloon was discontinued. But that could be wrong. Having said that, because DJ doesn't seem to be very active online (and because some elements on his website seem to be older / out of date), I'd contact him first and ask questions before buying though the online shopping cart.

- Donald
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I did speak go DJ and all is going well there. They have orders that are backed up about two weeks. I got my Majiloon Monday afternoon and used it for a 2-hour gig last night. The pump was still going strong when I finished up. I like the feel of the pump and am looking forward to trying it out on my 4-hour gig this Saturday. I think I'm going to be very happy with my purchase. Thanks again Karen for the review and pointing me in the right direction.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks for the clarification, Derrick. I guess I heard some wrong information about Majiloon being discontinued. I apologize.

- Donald
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Glad the Majiloon is working. Donald, I think Ed Chee is now selling the Majiloon (but DJ is still making them). But I'm not 100% sure if that is accurate, so I agree that anyone that wants one should verify. In any case, I'm glad Derrick got one and enjoys it.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
My conversation was, I thought, with DJ. My email is definitely signed DJ Ehlert , from Magic@KenoshaMagic.com . He was very helpful and responsive.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I just got my new Lagenda Jr. Electric Balloon Pump today (ordered last week), and I'm very happy with it!!

I mentioned it earlier on this thread, so this is my follow up post.

- Donald
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
Been using balloon hero for years just got he smaller Lagenda.
It’s does not blow up as fast as balloon hero. But lasts sooo much longer. Can be charged while in use,better nozzle,has a display for battery life and has a handle.
This one is best for me. I’m sold. Will sell my balloon hero to who ever wants it cheap
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Hero vs Power Wand (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL