The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Invisible Touches by Lior Manor (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Since you asked me direct questions I will try to clarify to help you understand my review.
No I am not a "mentalist" full time. But that is not who you are marketing this DVD to now is it.
Basically what you are saying is that there is not much to it and wrongly assumed there was more to teach on the subject. If 20 mintues is all there is to teach over a 30 year life time with it, then I will take your word for it.
"Today is the 30th anniversary of Lior's Invisible Touches routine, and we're proud to present you the latest and most comprehensive course on his ground-breaking routine, including all the tips and details he's refined over a lifetime of performance."

So when it is sold as an hour of instruction, you can't blame me for expecting more.

Since you asked, I thought you could have talked more about lighting other than 15 seconds of saying move or have htem change it. That is not always possible so I would have liked some discussion of the what then senario.
for something sold as an hour of life time instruction, I would have thought there would have been time to discuss what some starting with it get wrong and how to avoid common tells. I thought more time could be spend on all the other things you mention could be done that you allude to rather than 25 minutes of spoon bending.

As far as referencing my posts in the last two weeks what has that have to do with anything? First off it was wrong of you to mis quote my post about streamers as complaining. The streamers don't come with instructions or size listings so I was looking for clarification to whether they were any good as they were huge. I did not want to miss out on anything if they were good. I have used all types so knew this construction was suspect but if I was wrong I wanted help. I don't see the harm in that. ANd if Penguin is selling a different product I make a comment on, it usually is misleading advertising they have been practicing last few years. ONe has to be careful and not just trust it is what it is.

BUt even if you viewed it as a complaint. SO what! It is what it is. It is an honest review. I am not going to change my opinion about the Invisible Touches download just because you are on here. It is something that happens on the Café. Smile

You wrongly assume I have never tried some form of touches . I don't have to be a "professional mentalist" to do that. But I wanted to be sure I had all the REAL WORK not something someone passed down to me over the years. I figured an hour DVD would have allot of insight but as you said, it is very simple and not much to it. Forgive me, I thought by the length there would have more and I guess the spoon stuff was padding. I already have a few metal bending videos that go into far more finesse. I went to Magic Camp with Balvi in the 80s and he was even teaching us back then how to bend cutlery. I did not need more video on basic bending. I might have found a book or something else on touches if I knew the contents of this video.

I don't know why you keep referencing what famous people lik IT. You are not talking about who likes the actually product being sold and Penguin did not publish the quotes of the pros who had watched the DVD. They are character references to YOU after seeing YOU. I am not taking that away from you.
BRAVO LIOR!You Earned it! (and that is being genuine...congratulations Smile)

At he end of the lecture you ask for positive reviews but then said we would learn from each other.
I don't know how I can be any clearer and where I thought the editing of the video , content and description fell short.

I have explained more than a few times now that I did not expect a large section of this was not about any sort of touch but basic spoon bending. I was expecting an hour about the the touches as that is how it was sold. What I felt I got was the lecture notes version of touches.

I am sorry I assumed there was more to the technique than what I had already picked up on over the years and as I said, the coolest visual on the dvd is not even something available to most.

I wish you the best with your product.

Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Lior wrote:
Thanks for your comment powermagic.

Maybe I am wrong but I guess you are not
a professional mentalist.
I am trying to understand why are you not satisfied.
I think that I covered everything you need to know
and I gave a lot of extras : Spoons, electronics, history
Credits, variations and much more.
I did many live demonstrations so people can
learn more angels of the effects and more
about what is easy and what is difficult.
I even did not ask to cut away a mistake
I did in the live show.
The Invisible Touches is very easy to do.
I think that I teach every thing you need to know.
Please try to explain what do you feel was missing.

I read your other posts iin the Café in the last 2 weeks.
All of them are complains about different products.
Smile Smile
and most of them about closeup magic or kidshows stuff
like coils.
So I asume that you are not a professional mentalist.
Insted of complaining just try to learn what I teach
And try it in the real world. You will get the reactions that you
see in the download. Nothing was setup with the spectators.

If you watch Blaine Or Lior Suchard on Jay Leno you will see exactly
The same concept and routine that I do and teach.
I don't undrestand what is missing for you.
What was good for Leno is mot good for you?
I am in a good company.
Smile Smile
You can check my Penguin Live lecture (you can get
a direct link from me) and see the level of my materiel.
All is very stron on one side and very easy to do on the other side.

Send me a PM with your email and I will send
you the code for the lecture.

Thanks
Lior
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Powermagic mark

My Invisible touches influenced many people
many years ago.
I think that I put a lot of stuff on everything that
you need to know about Invisible Touches.
The basic idea started as spoon bending in the
palms a female of a spectator and the Touches
enhanced the effect of the band.
The reactions I got made me think about other variations.
Many other people started doing variations and
connected it with Banachek''s PK touches.
So I teach everything that I contributed to
the effect and many other variations.
After watching the download you can do
all the Invisible Touches you need to know
Plus many PK touches variations.
I also teach a lot of spoons because they
ate part of one of the routines.
If I didn't teach the bends people can
complained that " he didn't teach the bends".
So I think that I gave much more.
The spoons part was also in the Original DVD.
I don't remember that anyone complained about
getting much more.
There are some original ideas of mine about the spoons
that you can't learn somewhere else.
There are new electronics ideas that are very good
and I am sorry that you think that I don't need
to show.

So in my OPINION I gave a lot of stuff and all
You need to know to be able to do many
routines and have amazing reactions.
try to watch Alain Nu on TV or Nimrod Harel
they do exactly what I teach in the old DVD
and in the new download.

Guy Bavli is is still one of my best friends from 31
years ago. We both learned together from our
mentor, Roni.
I even remember that he went to the magic camp in 1986.

You are welcome to send me a PM so I will
send you a link to my Live Lecture.
You will pay only if you think it's 5 stars.

I am sorry you didn't like the product or the effect.
I hope that your nect purchase will be better
value for the money.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2017, magician 336 wrote:
R99h,

You're going to essentially get a complete crash course on PK effects.

Basically, I came in with a pretty good knowledge on PK already (I do PK touches and spoon bending in my show) and I learned so much that I actually extended my current PK touches routine to incorporate some of the additions that Lior graciously gives away in this underpriced download.

Am I the only one who feels that the big issue that the dissatisfied people is that there was more material than they expected being taught?

I just don't fully understand the gripes...

Invisible touches is a pretty simple effect, would anyone really want just a solid hour and a half on only that alone or would you prefer a plethora of information on the genre of PK mentalism?

XX,
-Jacob

P.S. Yes there is a method using electronics discussed on the download, but that is very minute compare to the whole package, plus he gives you alternate methods and if you contact Lior, I believe he can get you a discount on the product itself too.

Thank you, Jacob.

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2017, kinesis wrote:
Wow, there seems to be rather unhappy with Lior and his products. I feel the need to voice my professional opninion. I've been in the entertainment business for 35 years now and specifically mentalism for the last 12yrs.
Invisible Touches, in my opinion, one of the most powerful effects you can perform. From a spectators point of view it's propless and produces an incredible emotional and mental impact not only on the volunteer but on all those who witness it. This is solid gold for the working professional.
Lior: I've known Lior for many years (sadly we don't get together nearly often enough). I have the honour of regarding him as a friend. I have to say he is one of the most honest, kind and generous people I know. Not only does he create incredibly fine effects but he continues to support his material through social media groups, freely sharing his ideas an innovations.
Powermagic, Lior's material is highly regarded by every professional performer I know. if you feel disappointed or misled then perhaps the issue lies in the product description in which case you should take this issue to Penguin or whereever.

I am a fan of a lot of PK effects, but not such a fan of cutlery bending. Therefore, the content of this download matters to me.

And for me, the confusion regarding the content of this product lies in the marketing, for which both Lior and Penguin are responsible.

Lior's marketing video on Penguin's website says that this product "[includes] the PK spoon bends" and procedes to show part of such a routine at the same time as his voice-over mentions that the energy from Invisible Touches can be used to enhance other mentalism effects. This implies that spoon bending is an optional extra, rather than a central part of the routine.

As many people (myself included) may not be au fait with the effect, it would have been helpful to have a description of it - especially as the part of the video which seems to refer to the main body of the routine shows one section involving a spoon, another involving blindfolded spectators and a third involving spectators around a table holding out their hands, all of which imply that spoon bending is a relatively small part of the effect.

If a reasonably large percentage of a product focusses on a particular aspect of mentalism or magic, that should be made clear in the marketing. On their Invisible Touches product page, Penguin only say that "This routine is not just a single trick, but a full, reputation-making masterpiece combining multiple methods, perfected over 30 years". As far as I'm concerned, that is nowhere near enough information to allow a customer to make an informed choice, and Lior's video on that page does nothing to add clarification.

Rich
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2017, Powermagic wrote:
I would bet you DO NOT have this download. Why would you need it?
So what you are doing is giving a character reference.
If you actually read my post I did not say Lior is a bad guy. I did not say I did not like his teaching. I did not say the PK or IT effect is ineffective.
Yes I did take it up with Penguin and while they respond fast but did not make a change. They stated they would add in the subject line that it was an instant download with the gimmicks being mailed only. To date they did not.

Remember it was advertised as "We're proud to present you the latest and most comprehensive course on his ground-breaking routine, including all the tips and details he's refined over a lifetime of performance." I assumed it would be longer than 20 minutes.

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2017, kinesis wrote:
Wow, there seems to be rather unhappy with Lior and his products. I feel the need to voice my professional opninion. I've been in the entertainment business for 35 years now and specifically mentalism for the last 12yrs.
Invisible Touches, in my opinion, one of the most powerful effects you can perform. From a spectators point of view it's propless and produces an incredible emotional and mental impact not only on the volunteer but on all those who witness it. This is solid gold for the working professional.
Lior: I've known Lior for many years (sadly we don't get together nearly often enough). I have the honour of regarding him as a friend. I have to say he is one of the most honest, kind and generous people I know. Not only does he create incredibly fine effects but he continues to support his material through social media groups, freely sharing his ideas an innovations.
Powermagic, Lior's material is highly regarded by every professional performer I know. if you feel disappointed or misled then perhaps the issue lies in the product description in which case you should take this issue to Penguin or whereever.

Powermagic,

I've had it since day one of release and reviewed it multiple times. On top of that, it's by one of my favorite performers and that's my significant other and I on the video, which is why I care so much about this.

So you're saying that you're not complaining that the download was a complete overly comprehensive course on EXACTLY how Uncle Lior uses Invisible Touches, PK Touches and metal bending together in his working repertoire that's taken him around the world?

Were you expecting variations where doves were produced or would you rather it have been only thirty minutes of PK Touches?

I'm really not trying to be facetious, I'm simply hoping to understand how on earth anyone could be upset that someone taught more than expected...

XX,
-Jakob

P.S. The Café's ancient system won't let me post the screenshot of my penguin account, but IT is literally the second one down and I'd gladly send you the image.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I have an extra of Lior's original Invisible Touches. If interested, PM me.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I had the original invisible touch DVD years ago. I'm amazed that a pro like Lior Manor gives up professional advice for $19.95. This new download is just fantastic, high calibre material. One of the best downloads for a long long time for me. The moves, small blocking techniques in performance were gold. I've been doing this for many years and for less than a couple of drinks, I've just had the privilege of being taught a couple of very small moves that will improve my favourite performance piece hugely. I guess that's the difference between someone part time like me and a real pro. I don't do spoon bending as I never felt I could get away with it, especially with tough silverware. You just solved that for me with one move you showed. I bent every spoon in our house LOL!I now can do this and with really heavy metal spoons without a gimmick. It's so covered in the simple move of taking the spoons back, Luv it. Thanks Lior
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Invisible Touches is the the most talked about and the one effect that has gotten me more work than any other I do. Take the information that Lior shares and be creative. Find the routine that fits you and your personality. I don't do much spoon bending, but I love PK time and have found a routine that works for me. If I came up with PK touches, I don't know that I would have shared it with anyone. I'm certainly glad Lior chose to share this very valuable secret with us.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Rich

You can skip the spoons part and concentrate
on the other stuff.
I personally recommend you to learn spoon bending.
It is one of the strongest effects you can do.
Very easy and very impressive.
This is what made Geller so famous

The download has everything you need to know
about the effect and all the variations.
You also get the gimmicks.

But I don't want you to be disappointed so don't
buy me t if you feel that something is worng.
(And I don't understand what is exactly wrong. -:)

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2017, Lior wrote:
Rich

You can skip the spoons part and concentrate
on the other stuff.
I personally recommend you to learn spoon bending.
It is one of the strongest effects you can do.
Very easy and very impressive.
This is what made Geller so famous

The download has everything you need to know
about the effect and all the variations.
You also get the gimmicks.

But I don't want you to be disappointed so don't
buy me t if you feel that something is worng.
(And I don't understand what is exactly wrong. -:)

Lior

Thank you, Lior.

I suppose I should learn spoon bending. I've just never felt that it fits my personality. Maybe this is the effect to change my mind...

I understand that people have to market their products and that marketing products in mentalism and magic is tricky as no-one, quite understandably, wants to give their secrets away! However, I feel that this could have been advertised as the complete Invisible Touches routine, outlining the effect from the spectators' point of view, then explaining that it is modular in nature, thereby allowing performers to pick the parts that they feel comfortable with. The way it's presented at the moment, it's not clear what it is or how flexible a routine it is. These facts could have been used to further enhance the marketing of the product.

I understand that $20 is extremly good value when customers can learn from a seasoned professional. On the other hand, I buy effects to perform them, not just to learn secrets and had this routine been purely based around spoon bending, may have been something I would have learned from but not used and left me frustrated, feeling I could have better spent my hard earned money. Now I know much more about it, I think I'll buy it.

Good luck with the effect.

Rich
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
“The secrets that Lior shares are
worth 10x the amount you pay!”

Yigal Mesika.

-----------------------------
You get a download with many routines. Many
Spoon bending ideas. And you get a set of Loops.

Please try to do the Invisible touches on a spectator
and see the reactions you get.

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Is this different than the pk touch effect Daniel Garcia teaches on his Loops dvd? Thanks.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Dear Mr Lior,

Previously you mentioned that Invisible Touch is one of the top 5 effects in mentalism, would you kind enough to tell us your thought on the other four for mentalism student for further exploration?

Thank you.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2017, Sparda wrote:
Is this different than the pk touch effect Daniel Garcia teaches on his Loops dvd? Thanks.

I don't know him but looks like he copied one idea.
But the download is full of many variations and many
routines. It cost only 20$ and you get 8 original
loops from Yigal Mesika.

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2017, Steven Leung wrote:
Dear Mr Lior,

Previously you mentioned that Invisible Touch is one of the top 5 effects in mentalism, would you kind enough to tell us your thought on the other four for mentalism student for further exploration?

Thank you.

In my opinion:
Blindfold.
Name reviltaions/Picture Duplications
Spoon bending.
Muscle reading

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2017, Lior wrote:

Yigal Mesika.

Lior

Since when a quote from Mesika is to be trusted... Smile
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2017, Lior wrote:

Yigal Mesika.

Lior

Since when a quote from Mesika is to be trusted... Smile

-:)
I know Yigal since he was 15years old.
I hope that you are using some of the gimmicks and effects
that he contributed to magic world.

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hi Lior,
I have bought some of his products in the past. About 10 years ago I had an issue with my Electric Touch. It worked for about a week. Yigal didn't address the issue despite several PM on the Café and through direct emails.i was not happy of the way he handled my problem. He completely dismissed me.
Since then I boycott his products and anything with his name on it. So I haven't known him since he was 15, but my experience tells me not to trust him Smile

In this case I agree, the information you share is priceless Smile

Patrick

P.S: Anyone using loops should have a look at Speed bands by Tom Wright.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I am sorry to hear about your case.
I am sure that customer service is much better after 10 years.
Yigal is a great thinker and inventor.
The Invisible Touches concept can use any IT system.
I prefer the L***S because they are very easy to use.

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Invisible Touches by Lior Manor (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL