The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Late night ideas anyone...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
I have some silly ideas every now and then (especially at night - does this occur to you?), but never recorded them and simply let them disappear from my memory. From now I want to try film something whenever an idea hits me - there will not be any teaching (as I am but a lowly hobbyist). Just thought I would share them here and see if they may one day give someone a different perspective about coin magic? Smile

https://youtu.be/CWEF0T5wziM
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I always have weird, or new ideas and I plan on putting them up for people to see.

I like the clarity of your routine. You show 2 copper coins with empty hands, but there's a little fiddling which draws suspicion. But, the last phase was very well executed (hellbound?)
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Nicely done! I especially liked the end where you blow on the coins - slick! As Rick mentioned there is a little fiddling earlier (your right hand)... could you use a CP at that point to eliminate the 'odd' look of the right hand ?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
That was great!
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Thank you all. All criticism welcome as it really was a 10-minute-fresh idea.

@Rick and CarpetShark: Would you be able to point to a certain time stamp of the video so I understand the fiddling you are referring to?
@Rick: I got your private message - thank you for your kind words. I understand when you said Hellbound you must be referring to a routine... but I don't know that routine.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Hey ken,

At about the 35 second mark when you place the coins in your left hand it just looks too cozy. Not a huge deal, but maybe an opportunity for refinement.

And for the last change I was referring to Eric Jones' Hellbound Spellbound. It just reminded me of it, I don't know if youre actually doing the same move.

Keep posting stuff....
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Oof, that was great. I think I know how you did some of it, but the second coin switch to silver in the beginning got me.

I saw a flash at 0:52 of the copper coin before you changed it - which kind of spoiled the "it's still silver" thing. But I love the visual of swiping the two coins to change them back individually.

There was also a bit of awkward fiddling with hidden coins at 0:45, but I suspect that might have been tiredness.

The Magnetic coins was well done, but felt added-in strangely - it didn't really feel like it fit in thematically. Maybe talk about the polarities of different metals?

But overall I really liked it.

Rick: Wasn't it Chris Kenner that did Hellbound Spellbound? Eric Jones had a Hellbound Remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJzmvlAQj78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPAOIRjB088
But I think this is more reminiscent of Kenner's work.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I was only referring to the very last change. Eric does a visually similar one.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Watched this again tonight multiple times more intently and I am thoroughly stumped. Each idea I had was canceled out by different displays of the coins. There's even one discrepent display, but that leads me nowhere still.

I like this Ken! I think you should keep pushing it further.
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2017, Rick Holcombe wrote:
Watched this again tonight multiple times more intently and I am thoroughly stumped. Each idea I had was canceled out by different displays of the coins. There's even one discrepent display, but that leads me nowhere still.

I like this Ken! I think you should keep pushing it further.

;) I am glad you appreciate it... There was certainly a bit more thought that went into it than it appears. And thank you all for your criticism - I have come up with some small tweaks already. Please keep them coming.
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
This is a product of a late nite idea.
https://youtu.be/yuuR7SB_gpU
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
MichaelJae: Nice, though I've seen something very similar done by a number of other folks.

Ken: I like the second effect a lot. You do a good job (in both senses) showing all three coins the first time, but then I find it a bit bothersome that you show both sides of the coins again as you put them in your fist - but only on the second two. It feels almost like overproving the point. The last coin insertion also feels a bit awkward, but realize it's an early idea.

I really liked the transformation at the end, definitely unexpected. Keep showing us more! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Late night ideas anyone...? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL