The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wireless Headset (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I am looking at buying a wireless headset and I was wondering if anyone here knows of this brand.
I wonder if it's worth spending my money on. I do want a quality mic!

The unit in question is the:
Gemini UX1610H UHF Headset Wireless Diveristy System.

It has 16 channels and operates in the UHF band as you can see and has a 400ft range.
It's selling for $139.95.
Anyone know anything about this Gemini brand???

Here is a link

Thanks
Daniel Faith
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1893 Posts

Profile of chmara
Ah yes -- we are here in the ether of the net -- asleep. Wireless headset to send as in Microphone or to receive as in mentalist???
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1800 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Hello Randall,

I think the lack of response comes from the lack of familiarity. I don't know much about the Gemini brand, although I seem to recall that they make wireless mic systems for video camcorders and, maybe, some DJ equipment.

I can't comment on their quality, but you might want to stick with more traditional brands: Shure, Audio-Technica, Sennheiser (more expensive but a good one), Sony.

Michael
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Let's put it this way. There's a reason the most popular brands (Shure, Sennheiser, etc.) cost so much more than the Gemini. Stick with Sennheiser, it's worth the extra money.

--Andy, currently out on the road as the mic tech for the national tour of "The Full Monty"
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Thanks guys.
Daniel Faith
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
I have owned a Gemini brand handheld and wireless lav. They always gave me problems. I actually fixed the problems I was having with the lav by stomping on it.

The fix was I have all Shure brand Mics now. You can find them at a good deal on ebay if you watch.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Before I stick my snout in here, remember: I work with low-to-medium-budget theatre productions (community and school mostly.) So don't shoot me when I say that I love Radio Shack gear and have never had a problem with it. It's cheap and cheerful and for voice quality (the male voice averages 100 Hz and the female 200... that's it!) it's excellent. No good for singing or music, I'll grant that.
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
I have used both the 1610 and the 1620
I was very impressed with them, in fact I have ordered a 1620 for myself and am thinking about buying 5 more for a theater I work with.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
I use the Samson Tru-diversity and have not had a problem. I use it w/ A Fender Passport 250. I would reccomend it to anyone.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I am realy liking the countryman E-6.

It sounds great and I forget I am wearing the mic.

Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wireless Headset (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL