The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Large format banner stand used as a backdrop frame? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
All,

Has anyone used a large format banner stand for trade show displays as a backdrop frame? The basic jumbo stand is 8 feet high by 8 feet wide, with an additional conversion kit the frame that extends to 12 feet high by 12 feet wide. The frame appears to be stable to having upper and lower horizontals bars along with 2-16 inch feet. Dazian has such a frame for sale. Here’ the link-http://www.dazian.com/cgi-bin/page.pl?action=show_Product&series_id=30. Also, could two of these frames be combined to form an L-shaped backdrop?

Any opinions?

One Love
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Those would work but they're more expensive than photographic backdrop stands. (The photo stands are lighter weight but work well.)

I'm not sure there's an advantage to using those rather than the other types of backdrop setups that have been discussed here.

Michael
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If you are lucky under "other and show supplies "on ebay, you can find a used frame. I got a couple for use in my booths.

The one is for a table top and and I use it all the time. The other is a 8' tall by 10' wide with magnetic strips and rolled up cloth panels that slip on. Both are Mirage frames that have lifetime warranties. And they do not care where you got it.

These are a lot like the Spider frames but a little cheaper if you find the right deal. One thing to think about is all of them have slight curve to them to allow them to stand upright. I do not think they would work well outside even with weights on the bottom.

If you are interested in one, pm me and I'll dig out the big one and take some photos to send you and you can decide. It will never use it as it is too big for my trade show use.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Large format banner stand used as a backdrop frame? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL