The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Bitten Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
I have a bitten coin and I've heard somewhere you should keep the rubber band off the coin when you are not using it because 'the sulphur in the rubber can damage the coin'.
Is this true? Do you leave your rubber band off oyur folding coin when you are nto using it?
thanks,
-Nik
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Waste of time. Do you want to spend 5 minutes trying to put it back on to perform? The coin will last forever, the band will deteriorate before the coin.

Nitram
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Leave the band on. You're more likely to break it taking it off and on than if it were left alone.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Joker 808
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Joker 808
I hav found that in the past it ha made no difference at all to the coin. whoever told you that wos a bit foolish really. as long as the coin is made from silver, it is one of the least reactive metals in the reactivity series and so would make very little difference at all. don't waste ur time.

Olly
What's that rabbit doing on your face?
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Thanks guys, but Joker 808, I don't think many coins are made out of silver!!!
But it seems tehre is no real threat to the coin so I think I'll leave it on - unless anyone else has any evidence to prove me wrong?
-Nik
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I wish mine was made out of silver! It kinda got tarnished. What a pain. I don't know what happened to it. I should really find it. I hope I didn't spend it.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The guy who fills the pop machine will probably wish you didn't spend it either. Do you know how much those things can JAM up a pop machine???!!!! (Just kiddin'!)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Bitten Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL