The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Urgent Prayer Needed!!!--My sister needs a bone marrow transplant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
My parents just called and my sister's, Julie, plattlett count has dropped to the point where she could start spontanous bleeding and then die. I am headed to the hospital now to give plattletts.
Please pray for God to spare her life and heal her of this.

God bless you all.

Jeff

UPDATE: April 4, 2004

Another Update: I was on my way to the hospital when my parents called and said that Julies' plateletts had gone up to 31, they were at 8. I got to the hospital and Julie was in her room and doing ok.We had a good visit Friday night and on Saturday Julies' count went down to 23. Julie got a Transfusion of plateletts and they went up to 33. I gave my donation of plateletts and had another good visit with Julie.

Today,Sunday, is Julies' 37th birthday and her count is at 31 and her white and red blood counts went up on their own which is a good sign.

Julie is home to celebrate her birthday with her son Brett and the family. She wil be back at the hospital on monday for some test results and hopefully will be able to come home soon.

Thank you for all the prayers and please continue to pray that her bone marrow starts producing plateletts and healthy blood. If she doesn't responding to the treatments there is nothing the doctors can do.

Thanks,
Jeff
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Jeff,

My family will pray for Julie. No magic can even come close to the power of prayers. She will come through!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Your sister and family are in my prayers as well. Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Another update:

Sorry I waited so long.

Julie has been having a rough couple of weeks. She is back in the hospital room. She was staying in her in laws motor home on the hospital grounds. She had severe pain in her side and a sinus infection starting last weekend. After a lot of tests they found some fluid around her heart, not unusual, and was put on some medication and the pain has eased a bit. She had sinus surgery on Thursday and the doctors said it went well. She also had extreme pain in her left eye after the surgery. The eye doctor found a scratch and put a patch on it, it is also getting better.

Julie has not been responding to the transplant as well has she should be. Her platelets drop every day and she gets transfusions everyday sometimes 2 or 3 before they go up to a safe level. I continue to donate weekly and now some of Julie and Kirks friends have started donating. She has a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday.

Prayer requests:
Platelets improve, blood counts start going up on their own and that the biopsy will show continued improvement in donor cells, no bad chromosomes or leukemia cells. The doctor thinks she may be regressing into leukemia.

Pray that the transplant will be successful and Julie completely healed and home with her family.

That God will give Julie continued physical, spiritual and emotional strength, that she will experience his grace and peace.

Her baby Bett is doing great. He is off all medication and is now 6 months old. Because he was a premee he is considered a 3 month old and is progressing perfectly.

Thank you for all your prayers and if you have any questions please ask.

Thanks,

Jeff
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Julie has our continued prayers, Jeff.
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Just caught this. She and you are in my prayers.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Thanks everyone for your prayers. I saw Julie on Friday and she was doing ok. She started chemotherapy today (Monday) and will have 10 days before she gets my stem cells transplant again. I spent the weekend with my parents and saw Julies' baby Brett on Saturday night and he is doing great.

On Sunday, Julie's in-laws brought Brett down to see her, but she was having a lot of pain and was very drugged and sleeping a lot. She woke up enough to spend about 20 minutes with him. It was not the happy Mothers day we had hoped for. I was there for about 30 minutes and then left for home.

Prayer requests:
That Julie feels good enough to see Brett as often as possible.
That the transplant work and have 100% donor cells and the bone marrow starts producing healthy blood and platelets as soon as possible.
That Julie be healed completely and be home with Brett as soon has possible.

Thank you for your prayers and if you have questions please ask.

Thanks,
Jeff

UPDATE: May 16 2004

Another update:

My sister Julie is not doing very good. She is getting platelets every 8 hours to try and stop some internal bleeding. She is heavily medicated and very out of it. She will get another stem cell transplant on Wednesday and if this doesn't work she will not survive. I am in the process of getting 4 days of shots and will do the stem cell donation on Tuesday.

We desperately need some prayer. My parents and Julie are very close and they are taking this very hard.

Specific prayer requests:
That Julie be healed completely.

That God give us his comfort and peace to get through this. My parents and I talked about what we would do without Julie, for the first time since this started.

That my donation on Tuesday goes smoothly with no problems.

We haven't given up hope, but we are getting discouraged.

Knowing that there are people praying for us is very encouraging.
I will let you know how things go Tuesday night when I get back.

Thanks for your prayers.
Jeff
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Jeff.

Please know that your sister and the rest of your family are in my prayers and have been for some time.

Having gone through a similar situation not too long ago, I can only say that while we have to rely on all of the advancements that medical science has made there still is no substitute for faith.

I hope that she will turn the corner and will physically improve.

Take Care,

Vincent
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Don't worry Jeff. God is watching over you. Julie will be Ok.

Sincerely,
Blake
Blake S.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Prayers going up Jeff… please update us.

Wayne
ChrisS
View Profile
New user
Cohoes, NY
56 Posts

Profile of ChrisS
My prayers are with your sister and all of the members of your family.

Chris
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Julie fought very hard but she went to be with the Lord at 6:02 am today (Friday). We know she has no pain now and is happy and healthy in Heaven. She is there with many family and friends and most importantly her twin babies, Lauren and Cole.

I'm sorry I didn't update before, but, the computers at the hospital would not allow access to most websites.

Thank you for your prayers and support, Julie was amazed that so many people who never met her cared enough to pray for her. Julie and Kirk are blessed with a great family and friends and a great son. The service is Wednesday.

If possible please give blood or platelets this year or sponsor someone in a cancer walk or just help someone who needs it. Julie wanted something good to come from her suffering and many good things have.
Her skin got so bad after radiation treatment that she is going to be used in a training manual for the nurses.

Brett is still doing great and is going to be so loved and very well taken care of. We are going to make a memories book for him to let him know how great his mommy was.

Thank you Steve for having a forum like this, it really helped me knowing that there were people
praying for us.

Thanks for your prayers,

Jeff
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
My deepest condolences, Jeff. Your family will always be in my prayers. Julie is at peace now.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Jeff,

Deepest sympathy and prayers for you and the rest of her caring family.

Julie
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Jeff and family:

I pray that God rests her soul and gives comfort to you and your family in this time of grief.

My deepest condolences.

Sincerely,

Vincent
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sorry to hear that Jeff...

Wayne
prodigitalmagic
View Profile
New user
West Olive Mi
48 Posts

Profile of prodigitalmagic
Jeff, I am so very sorry for your loss I know what a painful event you have been through I have a daughter with leukemia and have had many of the same emotions you had. She knew how much you cared every day you spent with her my prayers are with you and your family.

Jason Stevens
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Jeff, I am so sorry...may peace find you and your family...
peterng25
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of peterng25
Jeff, I grieve for your loss.

Sincerely,

Peter
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
My prayers are with you.
I think Brett is blessed with a loving Uncle to help him through his life. I admire you for your great love for your sister. May God help you through this time. Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Urgent Prayer Needed!!!--My sister needs a bone marrow transplant (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL