We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Linking Rings: Proline Vs Owens (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Yes!! That’s the only display I use the key for as well... I’m not sure how much stronger it makes the routine but as someone who’s been holding 4 rings the same way since I was 8 years old (rings was the trick I begged my parents for after they bought me a magic coloring book...) that clean 4 ring display is just pure magic to me.

JNeal / Ray... have either of you worked with proline rings at all?
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1467 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Sorry Thomas, no experience with them...only the Owen rings and Joe Porper's
visit me @ JNealShow.com
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, JNeal wrote:
Sorry Thomas, no experience with them...only the Owen rings and Joe Porper's

What are your thoughts Porper vs. Owen? (I realize of course we are comparing luxury sport car to luxury sport car, Owen, Proline, and Porper are all great quality rings).
Don
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Don
Thomas,I have only worked with and own the rings & things,suds rings,and Van Dokkums rings.

I have seen and handled the Owen Rings.

My Suds rings have been used for 42 years and still in excellent shape.

Don

Don
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Don... I wonder if my 8” set is Suds, I wasn’t familiar with them but I googled them and they could be!

My parents bought me a lovely 8” set from magic masters as a kid. They are great quality and I always have wondered if they were maybe rings n things... but perhaps they were suds... very interesting!
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1467 Posts

Profile of JNeal
My Owen rings (I only own two!) are heavier than the two that Joe made for me.
Both have wonderfully closed and invisible seams.

My sense (now) is that the tone is less pleasurable with the Owen Rings... but in my (old) routine, I try never to allow the two to clang.. so the sound is moot (no pun intended)
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22520 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Don... I wonder if my 8” set is Suds, I wasn’t familiar with them but I googled them and they could be!

My parents bought me a lovely 8” set from magic masters as a kid. They are great quality and I always have wondered if they were maybe rings n things... but perhaps they were suds... very interesting!

Magic Masters" rings came in a wood presentation box. The owner never revealed where his products made. One thing he insisted that all his products be the best ever made and of the highest quality.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2020, thomasR wrote:

Magic Masters" rings came in a wood presentation box. The owner never revealed where his products made. One thing he insisted that all his products be the best ever made and of the highest quality.

Bill... not these rings. They came in a cloth bag.

Other items from Magic Masters came with manufacturers names on instructions. at the time, Haines house of cards made the specialty decks of cards and the coloring books. I Ickle Pickle made the change bags, silkola and aqua vase.

Maybe at the start he tried to keep it a secret, but in the 90’s it really wasn’t much of a secret at all. I may have the instructions to the rings somewhere.... but I’ve yet to find them. Still a great set of rings that I use when the Owens would be over kill
Don
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Don
Dear Thomas:

Ring quality back in the 1970's was great.My suds rings have not done any chipping or flaking at all.

My Rings and Things rings are a ten ring set with a locking,standard key and oversized ring.
They are both 10 inch sets.

The Van Dokkum set is 15 inches in diameter with the standard vernon six rings.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Anyone have the Magic Land Rings?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Linking Rings: Proline Vs Owens (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL