The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » "Our Magic"—date of publication (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Well the title says it all...When was Our Magic first published? I have a first edition, but I can't find a date in it. If there is one where is it?

Thank you,
Owen

UPDATE

I have managed to answer the question myself. I was talking to a man in a magic shop and he came up with the answer that it can't have been written pre 1910, because it contains the psychic fish trick. I searched a magic site of magic books between 1910 and 1930 and there it was. The date is...1911!
canick
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of canick
Here's my understanding.

The true 1st Ed, published by Routledge in the UK bears no publication date, but was published circa 1911. It has an ornate cover designed by Will Owen featuring a mystical looking mage.

The first US ed, published by Dutton, bears no publication date per se, but has a copyright date (by Dutton) of 1911. It has a simpler cover, w/ a rabbit in a hat design.

Hope this helps
Michael Canick
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Thank you,
I must have the first English edition. Thanks for the clarification.
Owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » "Our Magic"—date of publication (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL