The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre and Dangerous Coin Thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
charles schneider
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of charles schneider
I enjoyed this thread so much I hope to revive it a bit. I found the following interesting bizarre coin routine written by Ed Solomon at that excellent bizarre magick site: Dragonskull.

Here t'is:

http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/extra_lecture3.htm

This intrigues me, to say the least! The idea of an ANCIENT
f---ding coin!

QUESTION: Does anyone know how to reach VAN WARREN, the brilliant metalworker of Santa Fe, New Mexico?

Black Artefacts has apparently SOLD OUT his lovely Four Elements set. To be seen here:

http://www.blackhart.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/specialpage.html

The above suggests he hails from Mexico, not "new."

Perhaps Sir Black Hart himself might enlighten me as to the status and other works by this fascinating artisan. What else has he created?

I have written Mr. Solomon and will report if I find out that the set is at all available. Otherwise, I am sure one of the custom coin geniuses could set one up...

Thank you.

Charles S
charles schneider
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of charles schneider
This was such a fun and fascinating thread to me, that I figured I'd find a tiny excuse to bring it back from the dead, so to speak.

This gold French coin is on sale on EBAY right now. While I'm not paying hundreds for a gold coin right now, the story ties in with our talks of historic and mythic money: The following could serve as a springboard for all kinds of good COIN thoughts/stories/effects!

"..........1897 French 20 Franc "Lucky Angel" Gold Coin. This coin was issued by the Third Republic of French Tunisia, minted from 1871-1898. This Gold 20 Franc "Lucky Angel" coin is beautiful and historic with a fascinating legend, making this the perfect coin for European Gold coin collectors as well as gold
bullion investors. This is because "Angels" are the only pre-1900 dated European coins that are currently trading near today's value of gold. These coins were unavailable for over half a century, making them a true gift from the past.

The legend behind these Gold 20 Franc coins is an amazing one. This magnificent "Guardian Angel" design
on the Obverse side of the coin was originally created by Augustine Dupre during the French Revolution.
In 1871 the design was resurrected by the Third Republic of France. From the beginning they have been
regarded as lucky charms. During the "Reign of Terror" in the mid 1790s, coin designer Augustine Dupre
claimed to have been spared the guillotine because he carried the Angel coin in his pocket. During WWI
French pilots rarely took a flight without a gold Angel coin in their kit - believing it protected them from
the "Red Baron". Years later, this legend still had a strong grip on people - during WWII, Hermann Goering,
the chief of Hitler's Laftwaffe, was so obsessed with the mysticism behind these coins that he confiscated
every last one he could find. He would present them to German Fighter pilots as rewards for every fifth
Allied plane shot down. The French 20 Franc Gold Angel coin has managed to survive throughout
hundreds of years, never losing it's magical lucky charm quality."

Click here to view/download attached file.
Stefan
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Stefan
Addtional coin stuff

Chinese Hell dollars - read the amusing story of its supposed orgin on wikipedia

Coin reading was going on before the Buckland book, about 1995 someone released the Romaine Oracle [I think that was the name] readings with fake old coins - I put my own set of coins together - look on ebay for real ancient coins or the nice copies they sell there too.

Greek coins have some cool myth coins - with pegasus or medusa - a cysta mystica is a cool ancient coin with double snakes - and the Chinese silver dollar from about 1900 has a cool dragon on one side

Friday the 13th - the series had an episode about a cursed coin that brought death or could give life

at one time I had a bizarre routine about a troll and 3 hobbits crossing the bridge one by one and being asked for the toll [payment]

Fake doubloons are sold - cursed pirate money - 15 men on a dead mans chest
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Cynic and Montz @ Yes the femoral artery can be felt in the groin and is a major artery and supplies the whole of the lower limb.If left bleeding for a along time it could lead to death from haemorrhagic shock.
This is a great post...i am getting loads of ideas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre and Dangerous Coin Thoughts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL