The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The War Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
If anyone has seen this documentary The War Magician with Jasper Maskelyne there is a book out about it and you can get it from here
CLICK HERE
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Ahhhhhhhh... so they are finally re-releasing it! I tried to find it for ages but it was out of print. I guess having a major motion picture made based on it is just the thing to make those publishers fire up the old press again. Good news!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
What's this about a major motion picture?
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Does anyone have some info on the movie? A website?
JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
I did a google search and found most info on the movie to be from 2001. I wonder if it is still being made.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
From what I have heard, reading a magazine article about Tom Cruise, he is apparently in pre-production on the film. Whatever that can mean. Many films never make it past this point.

Wait, sorry... my mistake. It wasn't in a magazine. It was mentioned on Access Hollywood the other night. Sorry.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
It looks as though this is the book of the film rather than the book on which the documentary was based.
That book was published under Maskelyne name but I'm not sure of its name, I think it was the War Magician as well.
Eddie
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
There were two books,"the War Magician", and another book several years later. I don"t have the name of the second book.Reviews at the time said it was a rehash of the first book.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I read the book "the war magician" years ago and it is a very good read. I hope it does become a movie...

Glenn Bishop
http://www.mrhypnotist.org
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
I too enjoyed the book, although I seem to recall that somebody once told me that it had been written with the intention of it being turned into a film at some stage and therefore contained some "artistic licence". I don't know whether this is true or not.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

There was a thread discussed on this very topic back in Nov 2003 in the General Magic Section, under the title - Did You Hear The Latest. For those of you interested it's on page 2, aprox the middle of the page or you could a search.

The thread was titled Tom Cruise to play Maskelyne .... and gave a link to a site which discussed the possibly making of this movie.

I hope so I'd love to see a film about Maskelyne or read the book someday.

For those of you not familiar with the story is was during the war that Maskelyne the magician fooled a Natzi attack by hiding a town..interesting stuff!
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
From what I heard last, this movie was dropped...

Any leads on this? Is Tom Cruise going to bring Maskelene to life on Celluloid or not?
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The War Magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL