The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You Know that Dream Where You... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
...dream where you are in bed but can't get up because the blankets/sheets are nearly smothering you, and no matter how much you push/twist/pull the blankets keep caving back in? Oh, and you're hot which makes it worse?

Yeah, I had that one last night.

Usually if I'm on evening medication, or if I eat too late I have bizarre dreams.

Anybody else?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
The most bizarre dreams I ever had was when I used the nicotine patches to quit smoking. Bizarre in a steampunk-ish kind of way. Not nightmares, mind you, but just plain bizarre.

When my wife was on the patch, she woke me up around 3 a.m. in the midst of her dismantling the shower door in our bathroom. I got up, ushered her back to bed, and left the door against the wall so she could see it in the morning. She didn't remember a thing.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Don't you hate when that happens?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, Bob1Dog wrote:

When my wife was on the patch, she woke me up around 3 a.m. in the midst of her dismantling the shower door in our bathroom.

Lucky for you, you were still banging on your drums Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, Bob1Dog wrote:

When my wife was on the patch, she woke me up around 3 a.m. in the midst of her dismantling the shower door in our bathroom.

Lucky for you, you were still banging on your drums Smile

Unadulterated genius.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I figure one out of a thousand gags has to eventually hit. Smile
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I am completely medication-free. As opposed to my younger years, when my motto was “How high can you get?”

But when I binge-read espionage biographies, I sometimes dream of being chased by spies. Hurrying to get away, dodging though a labyrinth of city streets, but always on the verge of getting captured.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I have a lot of dreams where I'm in a car that has no brakes.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Ever had a "déjà vu" dream?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I've had repeat dreams... dreams where I realize I'm dreaming a dream I dreamt of a very long time ago.

Now, I've never dreamed of something and have it happen in reality; not counting those anticipation dreams of course.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
As a young boy I had a handful of recurring nightmares. In one of them, I was seated at a long table with several other people. Everything in the room was red: the walls, the carpet, the tablecloth. Something was being passed around from person to person beneath the table. It was always a terrifying experience, and when the "something" was handed to me, I always woke up in a cold sweat.

Fast forward to one night in my late teens, when I found myself in an unfamiliar nightclub. I was sitting with several other people at a long table with a red tablecloth. There were red drapes on the walls, and the section in which I was sitting featured red carpeting. Under cover of the tabletop, something was being passed from person to person. It was a very intense and scary experience, because I was on the verge of a major turning point in my life ... about to enter the "dark side."

At the very moment when the "something" was finally handed to me, I experienced true déjà vu. I recalled my recurring nightmare from so many years ago. The reality of the scene: the room, the colors, the table, the people, the emotions, the situation ... everything was exactly like in my childhood dreams!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
It is interesting that you dreamt about seeing the color red. A lot of people dream in black and white or a combination of both.

It is also interesting where your perspective is within the dream be it as the viewer or watching yourself.

I don't remember any dreams where the colors were vivid, or that I could differentiate. So I may dream grayscale.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Last night I dreamt I was a muffler on a car. And then I woke up exhausted.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:

I don't remember any dreams where the colors were vivid, or that I could differentiate. So I may dream grayscale.

I'll never forget my Psych 101 professor reminding the class that sex dreams typically were in color. That was back in the mid-sixties, for what it's worth.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
All my dreams have always been in glorious Technicolor.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Sounds like another story for the "Story" thread!

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, landmark wrote:
I figure one out of a thousand gags has to eventually hit. Smile

Smile

arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
As a young teen I had a recurring dream for a while where I dreamt I was being seduced by a ghostly enchantress! The experience was so realistic I always hated walking up.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
When I was a kid I always knew when I was dreaming and would control where the dream went.

As I got older it became harder to take control, for my mind would trick me into thinking I woke up but all that happened was a transition to another dream. Now the more I try to take control the more my mind changes channels...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Do you think it has to do with our minds being occupied with more and more distractions now as opposed to then?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You Know that Dream Where You... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL